Thread: "CAD Block Exchange Network" (CBEN.net)

"CAD Block Exchange Network" (CBEN.net)

Free AutoCad blocks etc etc http://cben.net/ very good!!

architech Guest

"CAD Block Exchange Network" (CBEN)

http://cben.net/

FREE Blocks :mrgreen:

thanks stevetopp

If like us you find this site a little hard to use, you could try www.cadblocksfree.com
    Unlike cben.net it has some really great thumbnail views meaning that you can clearly see the CAD Blocks before you download.
    As well as offering FREE CAD Blocks they also have paid collections which are very cheap which I assuem is how they subsidise the upkeep of the site

Nice commercial plug there CADmando.

Yes, some (a relatively small percentage) of each category of blocks are free.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Am I the only one left who creates his own content? These "free CAD blocks" never reeled me in, to be honest. Guess I'm old school in that aspect.

I create about 99.5% of my own.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Good. Glad I'm not the only one.

I also create my own; unless it is a piece of proprietary equipment, valves etc. from a suppliers own website.

I find that a lot of content on the free download sites are not drawn accurately.
    e.g. you will find that a lot of fastener libraries, bolts/nuts, have been drawn at one size and then scaled to the outside dia. of the other sizes.
    This means that the thread depths, head heights, and A/F of the scaled fasteners is not correct, on bolts the unthreaded protion will be wrong as well. If washers are included in the block they end up with the wrong diameter and thickness.
    This may not matter depending on what you are doing, but if you do precision work then they need to be correct.
    (I personally find it sloppy practice as well, if you are drawing something then draw it correctly.)
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.