Size:	13.2 KB 
ID:	1178

What the text looks like when it is selected:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LAYOUT-BLOCK-SELECETED.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	14.8 KB 
ID:	1180

What the text looks like when it is plotted as PDF (using cutePDFWriter) in Greyscale

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	LAYOUT-BLOCK-PRINTED.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	9.8 KB 
ID:	1179

I want to be able to see the text as it wipeout's the background model and shows the text...similar to the text box feature in Microsoft Word. However I am not sure if the version of Autocad is able to perform such a function (AutoCAD 2004 LT).

Please enlighten me on how I can view these texts

Are you actually using the WIPEOUT command or are you using a text mask?

From your attachments it is a text mask that you should be using to get the effect that you want.

See here for details of how to set the size and fill colour of a text background mask:
    http://ltunlimited.typepad.com/my_we...line-text.html

There is also a TEXTMASK comand but I dont think that was available in 2004.

Re: black boxes when printing, especially to PDFs.
    This has always been a problem, it's down to the printer drivers.
    So even if you get it working in house any client printing the drawing may have trouble.
    Using the background mask option in mtext gives better results than using the Wipeout or the TEXTMASK command.

Try looking here for a discussion of the different methods:
    http://forums.augi.com/showthread.ph...MASK-v-WIPEOUT
    Last edited by NukeCad; 09-06-2014 at 09:00 PM.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NukeCad View Post
    There is also a TEXTMASK comand but I dont think that was available in 2004.
    Correct. There is not a TEXTMASK command in 2004 LT. I would have to insert a WIPEOUT for each MTEXT correct?

THE SOLUTION: get a newer version of CAD with better features...haha

OK, no TEXTMASK comand in 2004.

But did you read the links I gave and try the text background mask option? (This is not the TEXTMASK command).
    You should be able to get to it through the PROPERTIES or by right clicking within the Mtext editor.

Another link to this:
    http://autocadinsider.autodesk.com/m...uestion_t.html
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Read the links. However ACAD 2004 LT does not have the background mask function as it was introduced in 2005. Thread about it.

The link you posted was regarding ACAD 2008.

Well thanks NukeCad for trying to help, but I am going to take this up the flag pole and tell my bosses I need more current software.

But as for solutions go...
    -There is no TEXTMASK nor BACKGROUNDMASK command or function for ACAD 2004 LT.
    -There is a WIPEOUT command option. So, I must wipeout every spot where I want text to be displayed then order the texts to be displayed on top of the wipeouts.

Quote Originally Posted by AuTaySmith View Post
    Correct. There is not a TEXTMASK command in 2004 LT. I would have to insert a WIPEOUT for each MTEXT correct?

THE SOLUTION: get a newer version of CAD with better features...haha
    Instead of WIPEOUT, use a Solid Hatch and change the color to True Color 255,255,255 which is "white" which won't print due to lack of white ink/toner technology. Thus, it results in a Mask effect.

I do believe 2004 has True Color palette but could be wrong... may have been AutoCAD 2005.

Of course there is always old style plan C; same as we used to do with a pencil and paper. (and an eraser).

Just break the lines around your text.

As long as the text is not going to be moved about then sometimes the stone-age ways are easier than wipeouts / masks and the problems they can give with printing.
    As with many things just because it's the old fashioned way of doing something dosen't mean it's not the best way in some cases.