Thread: Happy New Year

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to everyone! Hope you all enjoyed the holidays

Cheers;

Been very wet (flooded) and windy (gales) up here.

Forcast more gales and flooding for today, high tide at 12.30. But the pub is only 20 metres away so no worries.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

A happy, healthy and prosperous new year to all.

Hmmm....gales and floods. Not good. We're just at the end of a snowstorm with temps below zero and strong winds. No pubs within walking distance and even if there were a person would probably freeze solid before getting half way there. No bailing but plenty of shoveling awaits once it ends. Oh boy! I hate winter.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Yes, saw on the news that you have had bad snow causing power outages over there.

Apparently these are the same weather fronts/lows; they are dropping snow on the USA then zooming across the Atlantic picking up water on the way to drop hail and rain on us in the UK.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Fortunately for me those outages you speak of are way north of me. However, two years ago we had a late October snowstorm that killed our power for five days. Right after that I bought a portable emergency generator and haven't had need of it since! LoL Isn't that the way it always works? Well, I'm prepared for a future eventuality just the same.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Sick of this rain! At least if we had snow it might be interesting for a few days but rain and high winds are miserable.

Below zero this morning. Good day to stay inside and eat chicken soup.