Thread: recover command

recover command

dear all,

again I have a problem. I've just replace my auto cad 2006 to cad 2009. some dwg made by 2006 can't be open and autocad ask me to run recover command. I run recover and I can open the dwg and continue to work, but when I close it and I'd like to open again, autocad ask me to run recover agaian. why I have to run recover everytime I'd like to open the drawing?

Hi,

which message do you get after the recover?

Lothar
    WIN XP, ADT 2004

Open the drawing and run the command line version of Purge first. It goes like this...

-purge

Purge Regapps first. Rerun the command. Purge > All. Now run Recover and when asked if you would like AutoCAD to fix any errors say 'Yes'. When done do a "Save As" under a new file name.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

I've run purge, audit, save as. when I'd like to open it again, similar messages appears, "run recover to repair damaged dwg".

command line -purge ?

I'm not yet trying this, but thanks a lot

still unresolved, i've just run -purge and 68 application deleted.

thank you

oh, thank you, success.

my files consist of a lot of xref, and I run "-purge" on each single xref attached, thank you very much

In the future I'd be more careful with my drawings. Before I save I use a recorded macro to run the -purge and audit commands followed by a zoom > all. Less chance of a corrupt file.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

unfortunately, I still completely blind about macro, is it similar with autolisp ?

by the way, can I post thread about civil 3D 2009 problems in this forum ?

In later releases of AutoCAD there is something called the Macro Recorder used to record the steps taken to produce a desired result or action. The steps are saved to a macro that can be played back at a future time to reproduce those steps exactly. I don't think 2009 had this feature which means if you wanted to do something similar you would have to use either a Script or a Macro basically emulating the commands one would normally use.

Macros do work but they tend to not be elegant in the way they work unlike lisp routines. It's the difference between a brawler and a boxer. One uses brute force while the other uses finesse but both get the job done.