Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Multiple viewports on a sheet

Multiple viewports on a sheet

How do you control layers in seperate viewports in 2006. In newer version I can use the VPFREEZE. Any ideas would help...

No such thing as VPFREEZE. There's VPLAYER then a Freeze sub-command. Or, just use LAYFRZ. Once a Viewport is active, LAYFRZ knows to only freeze the layers in the Viewport.

I want to say even LT 2006 has the LAYFRZ command. Any/All versions of full AutoCAD definitely has LAYFRZ.

Isn't there a column in the Layer Properties Manager called VP Freeze? It allows the user to selectively freeze layers in viewports. A layer can be frozen (not visible) in one viewport and thawed (visible) in another. Not sure when it was introduced though. I'd have to check.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Isn't there a column in the Layer Properties Manager called VP Freeze? It allows the user to selectively freeze layers in viewports. A layer can be frozen (not visible) in one viewport and thawed (visible) in another. Not sure when it was introduced though. I'd have to check.
    These freeze/thaw buttons in the layer manager, (shown as little lightbulbs and/or suns depending on version), have been there since at least Autocad 97 / Rev14.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Yea, that is the VP Freeze that I'm talking about. But it's not avaliable in 2006.

The LAYFRZ worked but you have to turn everything on first then go back and fix all the other vp's also.

It is an old file that was setup by someone else using layer filters.. But when I try to freeze and thaw the layer filters it applies the changes to the entire sheet (not just the vp).

Hmm.... that sounds really confusing. I'm not sure I'm following... that doesn't sound right.

I was born dazed and confused. This is what I was talking about re: VP Freeze. Not the On/Off or the Freeze/Thaw column. At this point I'm no longer sure what we're talking about! LoL

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VP_Freeze.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	19.6 KB 
ID:	1049
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Kyle, you are right about the VP freeze and NEW VP freeze. I have those also in 13 but not 06. Anyway I think it's something with the layer filters causing most the problems.. thanks

FWIW: "New VP Freeze" is not "VP Freeze" - they are two different tools.

A stickler for detail. Yeah, I meant that one.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast