Thread: AutoCAD contracting work

AutoCAD contracting work

Hi Everyone,
    If this isn't the proper place in the forum for this subject, please let me know. I may soon have an opportunity to do some work at home contract work for a company that I use to work for. They will provide me with a computer, necessary software, access to plotter or plotting service, supplies, etc. I want to protect my interests in regards to wages and payment terms and probably other things I've not thought about. I have never gone out on my own to do this (or any) kind of work so I'm not exactly sure where to start.

I am looking for a simple contract to take with me that outlines (as a minimum) my fee(s), terms of payment (net 15 or 30 with % late fee if required), something that covers termination of contract (if that is something typically in a contract), any other suggestions are welcome.

I don't want a lot of deep "legal-eze" that only a lawyer understands. I worked for this company for 5+ years and have worked on a similar project before for them. I quit under good terms, not to go to another job but to spend more time with my family. I am just trying to protect my interests as it is a business agreement and they will be looking out for their best interests, not necessarily mine.

Any help is welcome and thank you in advance.

Hi, RBuzb,

You dont say what country you are in, obviously the type of thing you are after will depend on country.
    Last edited by NukeCad; 01-03-2012 at 02:20 PM.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.