Hi, I am a long time AutoCAD user, but am by no means a programer and thats what I need to get past my dilemma. I am hoping someone out there can point me in the right direction!

I have a huge number of drawings created by a client whom took their AutocCAD drawing and title block and popped it inside of our title block. Now I need to update the drawing number attriute inside of our title block on EVERY drawing.

I am hoping there is a way to run some sort of script/batch/lisp routine inside of many, many directories FULL of these 2005 AutoCAD drawings to accomplish that. Im looking for a routine that can grab one of their title block attributes and update one of our title block attributes with that vaule without having to open each drawing up individually. I need to take their drawing number value from their attributed title block and have it populate the drawing number field inside of our attributed title block and then move on to the next drawing and do the same atuomatically .. and so on... and so on. As I mentioned, I don't want to have to open each and every drawing with AutoCAD to do it if I can get around that. I figure a routine could be developed to that, but don't know enough to create one myself.

If anyone can help or point me in the right direction, I would be greatly appreciative.

Sincerely,
DebbieR