Thread: Find Command issues

Unhappy Find Command issues

Howdy,

So whats going on is.. Well I changed the origin to an existing drawing by using the UCS command. Well now my problem is when i use the "Find" command, its able to see the Mtext i'm searching for, but when i say "Zoom To" it throws me off to the OLD Cords... any ideas how to update the cords across all the MTexts without something going haywire?

I've heard "find" has that UCS/World issue, so there's probably nothing you can do other than change to *world* if you want it to zoom correctly. And even if you moved text to its current *world* coordinates in UCS, "find" would zoom to its changed world coordinates...

Thanks CarLB, that seems to work... Changing back and forth between world and previous.. However, my new question is... Will the objects take the current UCS cords or World Cords when i update the database? We've changed the Coordinate system to work with a New VBA tool to update our database and we needed everything to be above 0.0 xy.. the drawing is too large to snag everything and just move them above the 0.0 grid.. Me being me, i tried to find an easier way rather than piecing it all back together...

Appreciate the help

It all depends on how the VBA tool was coded. Hopefully better than AutoCAD's "find", so that it will use UCS coordinates

If the VBA tool does not use UCS coordinates then you may have to move everything. Unless you have some complex stuff a "move" shouldn't be that difficult, but you'd have to thaw/turn on all layers, select "all" to move...