Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Single-drawing compability mode

Single-drawing compability mode

Please help. In AutoCAD 2007 Options/System menu there is a check box for single-drawing compability mode. I'm looking for this item in AutoCAD 2010. This mode allow you to open one drawing at a time so that if you tried to open another drawing AutoCAD will close the first one. Anybody know where to find this function please help. Thank you in advance.

How do I delete thread? I found the answer to my question but I can't find the button to delete this post.
    Thanks,

You can't delete your own posts.
    Please tell us the answer you discovered so you can help others that may have the same problem.

Did you type SDI at the command line?
    One of these days I gotta get myself organizized

My Online Portfolio ( Updated 08/06/2012 ): www.rdeweese.com

You cant delete a thread or a post once it is there.

Only an administrator (webmaster) or a moderator / super moderator can delete threads and posts.

You should be able to edit your own posts once posted; but there is a time limit to do this and after that only admins or moderators can change them.

For example I have just edited this post twice, but cannot go back and edit my earlier posts because the time limit has passed.

Heres what the FAQ on the menubar above has to say about it-

If you have registered, you will be able to edit and delete your posts. Note that the administrator can disable this ability as he desires. Your ability to edit your posts may also be time-limited, depending on how the administrator has set up the forum.

To edit or delete your posts, click the button by the post you want to edit. If your post was the first in the thread, then deleting the post may result in the removal of the entire thread.

After you have made your modifications, a note may appear, which notifies other users that you have edited your post. Administrators and moderators may also edit your messages but this note may not appear when they do so.
    Last edited by newcad; 11-08-2009 at 07:44 PM.

Thank you Cad64, newcad.

Yes, I use "SDI" command to change the mod. The funny thing is that I can't find this "SDI" command anywhere in the help section of AutoCAD 2010. I found it on the internet and it works.

Thanks
    I had the same problem in reverse.
    I also couldn't find it in autocad help.
    Bruce

What happens if you really need two or more drawings opened at the same time? Let's say you are doing a copy/paste between two drawings. You mean to tell us you first go and change SDI, do the copy/paste, then change SDI again?

No -just open another session of Autocad.

I tend to use SDI mode at work and can have as many as four or five autocad sessions open at once.

eg. Open one drawing in Autocad, double click on another drawing in windows and it will open another autocad window with its own tab at the bottom of the screen.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Sounds like a waste of resources (opening multiple sessions of AutoCAD). Why bother?

Hey we all work our own way.

Why bother? - In older versions, especially LT you didnt get a tab for each drawing and had to keep minimising and restoring the windows to switch between drawings; it was much quicker to have a different autocad open for each and just hit the button for the one you wanted.

Waste of resources? - A standard PC these days has enough memory installed to open multiple sessions so what is being wasted?
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast