Thread: Database Error

Database Error

Is anyone here experiencing the same error I am receiving when I try to upload files?

I keep getting the error "Database Error" when I try to upload files.

Thats a bit vague.

Can you give any more information about what you are doing / trying to do; and exactly what is happening when you do it?

Just as a guess it sounds like you are not logged on to your office database.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Unhappy Database Error

I am trying to upload files to a post. I did it before. When I am replying, I click the "Attachments" icon and select my file and upload it. It worked last time. (Take a look at my first post, entitled "Creating Photos With Circles").

When I try to upload a small file, it works. I tested it. Is it possible I have surpassed my upload limit? I have only uploaded 1 file, about 1 Meg.

The file I am trying to upload is about the same size, 1 Meg.

Confused.

Last edited by LispIsFun; 02-04-2009 at 04:06 PM.

There has been a problem recently with uploading files to the website.
    (see the shoutbox).

The Webmaster is on the job and may have got it sorted out by now.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NukeCad View Post
    There has been a problem recently with uploading files to the website.
    (see the shoutbox).

The Webmaster is on the job and may have got it sorted out by now.
    Any word on them fixing this yet?

As far as I know this has been fixed; there have been some files and drawings uploaded recently, try again with your origin problem / post.

Also try looking in the FAQ about attachments (sorry I'm not being more helpful here but it is best if you check it out for yourself for next time you need to upload something) . Also be aware of the filesize limits that are shown in the file attachment dialogue, I have fallen foul of these myself in the past; as have most other people here.

Are you still having the original problem that you were trying to attach an upload to?

Quote Originally Posted by NukeCad View Post
    As far as I know this has been fixed; there have been some files and drawings uploaded recently, try again with your origin problem / post.

Also try looking in the FAQ about attachments (sorry I'm not being more helpful here but it is best if you check it out for yourself for next time you need to upload something) . Also be aware of the filesize limits that are shown in the file attachment dialogue, I have fallen foul of these myself in the past; as have most other people here.

Are you still having the original problem that you were trying to attach an upload to?
    I just tried it. It worked but I broke my file into smaller pieces. I think those limits are wrong in the dialog. It says you can upload a 47 Meg zip file. Mine was a little over a Meg.

Thanks

Thanks for that.

I'm sure webmaster will pick it up as well; but I'll give a message as well.