Thread: Locations in Blocks

Locations in Blocks

Hi everyone! I'm new here. I cannot believe my username was not taken.

Anyways, I have a problem.

I use blocks a lot in my drawings. The software that we use, an ObjectARX application, requires there not to be any points (dots) in the drawing. When I convert some of my old drawings, I end up with a lot of dots. I know there are Lisp routines that will remove dots, but I'm not sure if there are any that will remove dots inside of blocks. I don't want to have to explode my blocks.

What I would like to have is a Lisp routine that will id the points with a circle or something without exploding the blocks.

Any ideas?

Is there still a problem with having points if you change their display to something other than dots? Say set PDMODE to 1 so points don't display.

Yes a lisp could determine if there are "point" objects within a block's definition, then find if & where that block is inserted in the drawing, then somehow highlight them. Or, could have the lisp routine just delete the points from the block definition. I think.

View the link below. It has a section on changing blocks without exploding them.

http://www.afralisp.net/lispa/lisp20.htm