Thread: rotating using 4 points

rotating using 4 points

I am a Surveyor, I have seen CAD tech's create a map of the subdivision using a Plat then create a section of that subdivision per the field information. Then place the field info into the Plat info using two points say a center line of road and a lot corner. I have been trying to do this and it's driving me crazy. I think I need to create a group of one then move it but then I can't get the rotation. I feel like an idiot this should be simple. Can anyone help me with this. Using land desktop 2007

Don't know if LDD has a way to do this. In plain AutoCAD the "align" command handles this well. You select objects to "align" (move, rotate, and scale if desired), pick 2 reference points from objects to move, and 2 points in area to move to.

If I'm reading this right; It sounds like you're trying to get platted line work to line up to brand new Survey points... or vise versa.

Does the plat drawing and the survey data have a common bench mark?

I use the command "align "

First make sure you have at least 2 source points or laline and 2 destination points or a line. Take 1st source point and move to 1st destination point. Take 2nd source point and move to 2nd destination node. Pay attention to the command line .It is fairly simple. Then decide if you want to scale points. The points or lines will be moved and rotated holding the 1st point as good and holding the bearing from the 1st to the 2nd point.

If you've got platted line work, be sure you don't mess up bearings and lengths with scale and rotate.

I try my best to never use scale or rotate when working with platted info.

Worked like a charm, Thank you very much.