Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changing Format of a single Character of TEXT

Changing Format of a single Character of TEXT

I am wondering if I can change the format of a single character within TEXT.
    I know that you are able to change the format of a single character within MTEXT.
    This is the string code that appears in the properties box for MTEXT. {\fCode2000|b0|i0|c0|p2;\u+23DA}
    I am trying to use Unicode 23DA which is an electrical earth symbol in TrueFont type Code2000.
    Are we able to change the TextStyle of a few characters like we can for %%uUnderline%%u?

You should be able to - give it a go.

OR do it as mtext and explode it.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

When we have several hundreds of drawings to modify with several Earth symbols in each running around exploding mText is not really an option.
    But thanks for the response anyway.

I wouldn't think that exploding mtext to text would allow a feature that normal text doesn't allow. Ifit could, I don't see why it would be more effort than formatting text to inser a symbol.

is there another option that would work-such as using mtext instead f text, or placing a block or mtext symbol next to the text? this could be automated as well if you need to edit hundreds of drawings.

Generally we would use a symbol for the earth.
    However we are using third party software that is automatically generating these drawings for us.
    Each and every cable that we use has an earth conductor which needs to be terminated. At present we just use the word EARTH in this text field but it would have been nice if we were able to utilise this character symbol.

Just so I'm clear you want a single letter in dtext to equal {\fCode2000|b0|i0|c0|p2;\u+23DA}, and typing \u+23DA into dtext using the Code2000 font either doesn't work or isn't a viable option?

The problem of changing the font name to use Code 2000 is that all my text changes.
    We use ISO3098B of ISOCP as our standard Text Style.
    What I was hoping that I could utilise this single piece of Unicode for my earth symbol with our standard Text Style.
    Thanks for the prompt reply.

From a little poking around I find that single line text allows only one font file per text object, and only those special characters in that font, which are achieved with the leading "%%". Mtext allows use of unicode & ascii codes as well. According to..
    http://newsletters.hagerman.com/news.../ebul61-CT.htm

Thanks CarLB
    The problem being is that this character is only found in a font style called Code2000.
    For me to use this character I have to use this font when all I need is the one and only Unicode character.
    I know that I can format the one character in MTEXT but I was hoping that I could use this in single line TEXT.

Yeah I think I follow the problem, just pointing out it's not possible with standard text & ISO3098B font.

To change a lot of items quick calls for a lisp (or sim) routine, which could either;

-create a new text style using Code2000, then edit selected text to use that style & add that special character to the end (is that even possible in regular text?)
    ---or---
    -convert selected text to mtext, and add the character to end.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast