Thread: Best Printer for Cad 2008???

Best Printer for Cad 2008???

ANy suggestions for a good all round printer to use with CAD 2008? Needs to print at least 11 X 17......

thanks in advance for any help

chris

we use an hp1050cm in our office. you might want laser if you want color 11 x 17s though and you could go kip3000, but depends on the budget

Grape Dude Guest
    I just got the newest Xerox. It's a Xerox 6204. It has multiple rolls so I put 18" & 36" in it and can print anything!! 12X18 works GREAT for those 11x17 sizes and this thing is a work horse. I'm using it constantly all day long for plotting, copying and scanning. It is the best plotter i have ever paid for. it interfaces perfectly w/ AutoCAD (all versions) and works just fine from other programs like Paint, Adobe and Vista imaging. I have yet to have a problem and let's face it, it's a Xerox so the technical support is unmatchable.

thanks Jim

Thanks Jim...I will lookinto those...

also love your signature line..

"The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    - Samuel Johnson (1709-1784)

reminds me of Jesus Christ....."for while we were still sinners He died for us"

Grape Dude Guest
    KIP 3000? I did a side by side by side w/ the Xerox 6204, KIP 3000 and the newest OCE 450S. Hands down Xerox was the best w/ ALL things compared. Parts, operating system and ease of use. Also the Xerox has the smaller footprint and again the best tech. support. After comparing them all, the others just seemed "cheap".

thanks grape....

Grape Dude Guest
    here is what i've got & believe me, I researched the living **** out of this...
    KIP 3000 - 17,451.00
    KIP 5000 - 22,704.00
    OCE TDS450 - 27,100.00
    XEROX 6204 - 18,665.00

The Xerox has an upgrade to print 5 D size prints per minute. So does the KIP.
    The OCE has a 2 piece footprint so that was out for me. The KIP has this monitor on it that sticks up and looks out of so out of place that you think it should be torn off. it gives it that R2-D2 look. Anyway, i hope this helps and if you would like anymore info on this i'll be glad to share more of my research.

Dude It'll be 20 years before I see any of those on the Remarket Market at a price I can afford MY big Plotter buy was the HP Design jet 600 and 650c for $300. I'm still using old HP 7440 Desktop plotters and a Draft master Pro Pen Plotter no seriously I wish I could help ya man, but if I were going to drop that kind of $$$$$$$ on a plotter I'd look at the Agfa Large format Printers , so you can do Graphic Work. I am assumeing you are like most others here and you don't need +- .0001, so a more Commercial Art Large format printer would give you a heck of a lot more options! and do you guys really plot 300 plots / hr ? Like I say My G/F's shop has an Agfa and it's the bomb Props to the boss man for not cheepying out and getting the epson