Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: autocad 2009 architecture

autocad 2009 architecture

Does anyone know why when i try to take a block of the tool pallette it does not show on drawing.

make a block of the the tool pallete ???
    What the ???

autocad 2009

how would i go about that because they are installed automatically with the program and saved in c drive.

Looks like we may have a problem with terminology here. (or maybe a typo).

Can you explain exactly what it is that you are trying to do.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

when i try to take say a window style of the pallette it doesnt appear on the drawing when i try to place in a wall .

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    make a block of the the tool pallete ???
    What the ???
    how would i go about that because the pallettes automatically on the program and are stored in to c-drive

Hi,

I think the problem ist inside the AecDisplayManagerConfig. Or a layerproblem. I have only ADT2004. Do you see doors?

Lothar
    WIN XP, ADT 2004

Light begins to dawn.

I think that what you are trying to do is insert a block and that what you are calling the "tool pallete" is actualy called the menu bar.

If I am right then the problem is probably either-

The lines that make up the block you are inserting are on a layer that is turned off. In which case turn the layer back on.

or

The datum point of the block is a long way from the actual block drawing; so the block is being inserted but not where you want it or can even see it.
    To check this make a new sheet (FILES, NEW, START FROM SCRATCH), insert the block at co-ordinates 0,0 and then Zoom extents.
    If something is actually being inserted you should now see it.

Let us know how you get on.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Exxit View Post
    Hi,

I think the problem ist inside the AecDisplayManagerConfig. Or a layerproblem. I have only ADT2004. Do you see doors?

Lothar
    yes i can drag doors of the pallette an i can see them and everything else its just on the windows pallette when i click on them and then move on to the drawing i cant see the window just little measurement lines i then click to insert it but no window appears.

Quote Originally Posted by NukeCad View Post
    Light begins to dawn.

I think that what you are trying to do is insert a block and that what you are calling the "tool pallete" is actualy called the menu bar.

If I am right then the problem is probably either-

The lines that make up the block you are inserting are on a layer that is turned off. In which case turn the layer back on.

or

The datum point of the block is a long way from the actual block drawing; so the block is being inserted but not where you want it or can even see it.
    To check this make a new sheet (FILES, NEW, START FROM SCRATCH), insert the block at co-ordinates 0,0 and then Zoom extents.
    If something is actually being inserted you should now see it.

Let us know how you get on.
    the windows and doors etc are all stored in the aec catologues you choose where to insert them ive already checked if the layers are all on and they are also ive tried to start a new drawing but it happens in there aswell so i dont no what else to try.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast