Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
PlotDwgs, a plot utility program
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: PlotDwgs, a plot utility program

Hybrid View

PlotDwgs, a plot utility program

I have recently revised PlotDwgs to be easier to customize by other AutoCAD users and AutoCAD departments. This version utilizes two global lists, which are located at the top of the PlotDwgs.lsp file. The lists are easy to edit, even by a non-programmer. PlotDwgs doesn’t use or require previous page setups, or layout plotter configuration settings. This makes it ideal for batch plotting a folder of customer drawings or other engineering firms’ drawings. In the main dialog, by selecting “Varies” for the paper size, the program determines the correct paper size and corresponding plotter to use for each layout. This version also includes the option of plotting all open drawings.

In order to make this version work for most global AutoCAD departments, a few company specific functions were removed, such as a plot stamp function for title blocks, and a Bill of Material utility which updates an Excel spreadsheet for the database. The program may be customized to meet your requirements, such as turning on or off certain layers when plotting. For the International AutoCAD users that use metric page sizes, search and replace A-Size through D-Size with your page size names, and also edit the PaperSize function, and change the values of the Widest~ variables accordingly. PlotDwgs is designed to work with AutoCAD 2000 and up.
    Attached Files Attached Files

What AUTOCAD rel 14 folder should this .lisp program be inserted into?

Save the files into a folder in your AutoCAD search path. I do not have access to testing the program in AutoCAD R14. It wouldn't hurt anything to try it anyway. It uses several of the Visual Lisp functions that may not be part of R14, but I have no way of testing it. It has been tested on AutoCAD 2004, 2005, 2006 and 2007. We don't have 2008 yet.
    Regards,
    Terry

Drawing files or the .lsp file to Autocad search paths?
    What is an autocad search path?

Your version will look different, but here is where you can customize your AutoCAD search path. Just copy the AutoLISP files PlotDwgs.lsp, PlotDwgs.dcl and PlotDwgs.dvb to a folder in your own AutoCAD search path. Your drawings will stay in the folders where they are.

I'm with you.....but do I need to download the .dcl and .dvb to install?
    Are all three required.... .lsp and/or .dcl and/or the .dvb?

I'm getting an error when trying to plot...

Command:
    Plotting Drawing...
    ; error: no function definition: SSP-PROGRAM-1

Any ideas? Thanks.

My apologies. You have the version that I customized for my job. Download the revised version from AutoLISP Exchange, or just comment out all of the functions beginning with (SSP-Program-#). There are 5 of them. You have a good version, just strip out all of the SSP stuff.
    Here is the website again:
    http://web2.airmail.net/terrycad

P.S. I wish AutoCAD Everything would add the option of LSP as one of the attachment extensions that you can attach to your post, as this one is very long to paste into a thread. Otherwise I would just attach the file here.

Regards,
    Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Cadd View Post
    My apologies. You have the version that I customized for my job. Download the revised version from AutoLISP Exchange, or just comment out all of the functions beginning with (SSP-Program-#). There are 5 of them. You have a good version, just strip out all of the SSP stuff.
    Here is the website again:
    http://web2.airmail.net/terrycad

P.S. I wish AutoCAD Everything would add the option of LSP as one of the attachment extensions that you can attach to your post, as this one is very long to paste into a thread. Otherwise I would just attach the file here.

Regards,
    Terry
    Terry - That is a great routine. I like how you have it broken up into different department. I am very happy with it. It is very handy and is a time saver.

There's one little thing that kinda bugs me when plotting Folder of Drawings.... when you get to the Plot Folder of Drawings dialog box with a bunch of drawings to select which ones to plot. Scroll down the list of drawings a little and then select a drawing that is near the bottom of that screen (don't select the bottom drawing from the list), the list automatically moves so that the selected file is shown on the bottom of the screen. Now if I want to select the next drawing down from my previous selection, I would have to scroll down and select. Again, the last selection would move to the bottom of the screen. Hopefully that is understandable. A little hard to describe.

What I also like is that Browse/Search dialog box. Is it possible to pull this dialog box out of this routine and use it as a DWG viewer with larger thumbnails? I have a library with quite a few CAD details. It would be great to have a utility like this to browse through the library.

Vince,
    You are relating to the multi-select list feature of selecting drawings in a folder to plot. I agree with your comment 100%. I mentioned in a response in another forum that I wish there was a programming fix for this. It may be the method that I am using to refresh the multi-select list as the user selects and un-selects over 30 drawings. I am certainly open to suggestions if anyone has found a better way to handle this.

Per your second suggestion: I love the idea of being able to view many drawings in one dialog. The Blk-Lib, block library program, that I wrote creates slides of blocks and displays 20 at a time. But I think you’re thinking about an ARX type function that does this automatically. That would be very cool. A friend here at works wants me to mention that Windows Explorer sort of does that, if you have the view files option set to Thumbnails, but the background is white not black.

Terry

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast