Thread: Creating a repeatong block with a lisp

Creating a repeatong block with a lisp

I am currently modifying a lisp & dcl to draw windows and doors. (based on lisp that generated hex bolts)
    Now my problem is turning a collection of plines into a block, it has between 4 and 9 items (depending on wall type),

Ok this is how I have it working...
    (command pline IP(starting point) "W"(width) "0" P1 P2 P3 "C"close
    pline P4 P5 ""
    pline P6 P7 ""
    )
    (prompt "\nRotation Angle: ")
    (command "ROTATE"
    (catch)
    ""
    IP
    pause
    )

This all works, it can rotate all the parts as one item until you press enter. It then falls back to individual parts. How can I turn it into a block or something like that? A second problem I thought of was with the blocks themselves, if I am creating a, say, 600mm window (plan). If I create a block for a number of 600mm windows there is a problem with keeping it the same block name and origin .

Thanks for your time Brendan

Are your windows similar enough that you could represent them with a few standard blocks, which are then scaled as needed to fit user requirements? Otherwises, like you say, each "window" block insert created will need a unique name. You could set it up so that block names would be generated automatically, such as Window1, Window2, etc., or the routine could create "anonymous" blocks.
    Another option would be to use Groups rather than Blocks.