Thread: Converting PDF Lot Survey (metric) into AutoCAD

Converting PDF Lot Survey (metric) into AutoCAD

I am trying to convert the attached PDF lot survey into AutoCAD. I have watched many Youtube videos and have gotten no where, as most of them are using imperial or the commands they use are not working on my program/version (2021). More specifically, I only need to draw out Lot 1 in the attachment.

I am a project manager for a real estate developer so I try to do a lot of CAD work in house but this is outside my knowledge...

Can someone please assist me on this? i.e. how to properly set up the units, line draw command including minutes and degrees...

Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Are you asking for a general Autocad tutorial?
    Learning AutoCad is an ongoing liftime thing.
    If you need the basics then here's a good start: https://www.cadtutor.net/tutorials/

I'll assume you know at least the basics of Autocad and just want to get that plot outline into your drawing?

If you are just trying to get that plot into a drawing then TBH I'd simply insert it into Autocad as a PDF or an image, 'trace' over the plot required with new lines, then discard/delete the image leaving the new lines behind.

Once you have the outline as long as you know at least one dimension you can magnify it to whatever size it needs to be, in whatever units you are using.

(That's the way I do it when I occasionally have to draw a housing block plan for a friends home extension plans, which admittedly is not that often. I've even done it from aerial photos).
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Thanks for the quick response. I would consider myself beginner/ intermediate CAD user.

I will try inserting and tracing the pdf and scale it from there.

I will touch base again if I have issues and cross my fingers someone responds haha.