Thread: Alternative to Autodesk Model Derivative and Design Automation API?

Question Alternative to Autodesk Model Derivative and Design Automation API?

Autodesk Forge APIs seem to dominate the market. I'm a web developer developing a web app for a company, and I simply need to do two things:
    1.) Extract the total length of 2D .dxf and .dwg drawings (possible thru Model Derivative API)
    2.) Extract the total number of enclosed lines (e.g. enclosed polylines, lines, arcs, circle etc. [this is possible thru a custom AutoCAD/LISP script that is mounted onto the Design Automation API. Not supported by Model Derivative.])

Is there a cheaper alternative API anyone can suggest? Haven't been able to find anything. Requirement #2 is desirable but i'm open to any solutions that would only perform requirement #2.

Last Question: What would it take to develop a custom/private API that could perform the above 2 tasks? E.g. would it cost 30k+ to develop with a bigger team, or would it easier to do for a couple developers?

Quote Originally Posted by J_E_C View Post
    Requirement #2 is desirable but i'm open to any solutions that would only perform requirement #2.
    I meant: "perform only requirement #1"