Thread: Help - newbie alert!!

Help - newbie alert!!

Hi

I am obviously really new to Autocad and only have a 2016 trail version at the moment.

However I am having trouble viewing my designs in the layout tab. The designs in the model tab have been drawing in a white colour and for some reason are not showing in the layout tab. If I change the model colour to black or any other colour, they appear in the layout tab.

Help!!!!

Did you make any changes via Options > Display > Colors?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

When you are in a layout is the Color option set to ByLayer?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    When you are in a layout is the Color option set to ByLayer?
    Hi Kyle

Thanks for getting back to me and after looking on line for some videos I found one that showed me how to change the colour options, however this was after the issues of not seeing the drawing on the layout tab.

As mentioned before the model tab is on a black background with white lines and previously when I opened up the layout tab, it automatically showed the drawings on a white background and black lines. I now have to change the colour of the lines on the model tab to grey or black in order for me to see the drawings on the layout tab.

Again, help!! and thanks

The default settings are black background/white lines for model space and the opposite for a paper space layout utilizing a viewport. If you have anything different you either changed it via the Options command or you decided to override the color 'ByLayer' option in your layout. I can't think of any other reasons that would account for what you are seeing and I know for a fact that AutoCAD doesn't go and change these things of its own free will; it takes user input.