Thread: Lost files, now looking for download, 2010 3D Map

Lost files, now looking for download, 2010 3D Map

I'm looking for the program and can't find my disk, only key... Went to Autodesk site but they apparently don't support it back beyond 2012...
    Suggestions please?

Thanks in advance,

Mitch

Yes, AutoDesk typically only supports the last three releases. If you have the serial number and product key you might be able to convince someone at AutoDesk that you actually had a legitimate copy of 3D Map 2010 and maybe they will help you out of your crisis but I'm not even sure that will work. Any versions you happen to stumble across online will most likely be pirated and may or may not work. And some that do appear to work may have malware and/or viruses buried deep within them so I'd be very careful about shelling out good money for what may end up being a nightmare of regret.

Do you know anyone with a legit copy of the program you can "borrow" for an hour?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    Yes, AutoDesk typically only supports the last three releases. If you have the serial number and product key you might be able to convince someone at AutoDesk that you actually had a legitimate copy of 3D Map 2010 and maybe they will help you out of your crisis but I'm not even sure that will work. Any versions you happen to stumble across online will most likely be pirated and may or may not work. And some that do appear to work may have malware and/or viruses buried deep within them so I'd be very careful about shelling out good money for what may end up being a nightmare of regret.

Do you know anyone with a legit copy of the program you can "borrow" for an hour?
    Thank you,
    Not the news I was looking to hear obviously, but food for thought. Don't know anyone else I can borrow from, either.

Time to re-think things I suppose...

Mitch

So you don't have the disks and you did not back up the installation files to another hard drive or flash drive?

Do you still need the program for its original intended use or just a CAD program in general?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Yep, it was installed on an old desktop system that remained unused for a while, and my wife recycled it!

Hindsight is 20-20, I'm sorry to say!

If you only need it for a one off job then there is a 30 day free trial you could download.

http://www.autodesk.co.uk/products/a...-3d/free-trial
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by NukeCad View Post
    If you only need it for a one off job then there is a 30 day free trial you could download.

http://www.autodesk.co.uk/products/a...-3d/free-trial

Yeah, I do want it for more than short term, hence my desire for what I had...

Thanks for your suggestions,
    Mitch