Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CAD NOT ADEQUATE for multicore process

Quote Originally Posted by geofabiuz View Post
    Double question is an error but I didn't understand how to erase it.
    Duplicate post has now been removed.

Unlike some other forums this particular forum doesn't allow users to delete their own posts, only edit them.
    Even the opportunity to edit your own posts is time limited.

This stops spammers getting past the spam filters with an innocuous post and then adding the spam content later.
    It also prevents users from removing or changing their post content and maybe making subsequent replies read as nonsense.

I will usually merge or remove duplicate posts when noticed.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Yes you are right ! Would you try my test file and then you let me know your opinion about the utility of 2D multicore or not ?
    I'd like to move this thread on Autocad forum but I don't know how to do it ! I suppose I can't !

Quote Originally Posted by NukeCad View Post
    Duplicate post has now been removed.

Unlike some other forums this particular forum doesn't allow users to delete their own posts, only edit them.
    Even the opportunity to edit your own posts is time limited.

This stops spammers getting past the spam filters with an innocuous post and then adding the spam content later.
    It also prevents users from removing or changing their post content and maybe making subsequent replies read as nonsense.

I will usually merge or remove duplicate posts when noticed.
    I'd like to move this thread on Autocad forum but I don't know how to do it ! I suppose I can't !

Only Supermods or Admin can move threads.

All new posts from any forum show up when you select the "New Posts" menu item.

Quote Originally Posted by geofabiuz View Post
    Yes, mutithreaded for multicore process ! I am not talking only about Autodesk products but all CADs in general, Bentley or other. I don't know any CAD working multithreaded in 2D ! Double question is an error but I didn't understand how to erase it.
    As you say you want to talk about CAD in general then this is the right forum for it, not one of the Autocad forums.
    Last edited by NukeCad; 29-06-2015 at 08:02 AM.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

What's so special about this 2D CAD file that you would want me to "try" it? Try what?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

There is a system variable in AutoCAD called WHIPTHREAD. If set to a value of 3 the result is...

Regeneration and redraw multithreaded processing; regeneration and redraw processing is distributed across two processors on a multiprocessor machine.

That's basically the extent of what AutoCAD can do.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

If you want to pursue the more technical aspects of the subject then read this article re: multithreaded programs that appeared on the website stackoverflow.com.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/4...multi-threaded

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12