PDA

View Full Version : Zoom with mouse wheel in AutoCAD 14

jbear0000
24-03-2005, 04:38 PM
I recently started working for a new company. The old company used AutoCAD 2002 and the new company uses AutoCAD 14. I really miss being able to zoom with the mouse wheel. Does anyone know of some way to make the mouse wheel zoom in AutoCAD 14?

Exxit
24-03-2005, 04:42 PM
Hi,

zooming with the mousewheel since 2000i :cry:

Lothar

jbear0000
24-03-2005, 05:44 PM
zooming with the mousewheel since 2000i :cry:

I was hoping that someone may have written a program to add this feature to AutoCAD 14. I just downloaded a nice little program called QuikPik that locks the tool bars, allows resizing of dialog boxes and several other nice features.

csiarch
24-03-2005, 08:38 PM
You can always fall back to the key board:

Zoom Out: z (enter a decimal value less than 1) (enter)

Zoom In: z (enter a value greater than 1) (enter)

Ain't fancy but it works.... :wink:

jbear0000
24-03-2005, 10:01 PM
You can always fall back to the key board:

Zoom Out: z (enter a decimal value less than 1) (enter)

Zoom In: z (enter a value greater than 1) (enter)

Ain't fancy but it works.... :wink:

I know how to do it with the keyboard and the dynamic zoom, but wish I could get the mouse wheel zooming.

csiarch
25-03-2005, 04:19 PM
Sorry. I mistook you for one of the many who find the keyboard a necessary annoyance.

I use R14 and 2002 and if I recall, I think you have to fiddle with the mouse software at the O/S level in Windows settings rather than in AutoCad. Might also explore obtaining the latest drivers from the mouse mfr.

My MS trackball with middle button and scroll wheel is set up in R14 to display the pop-up Osnap menu. Curiously, in 2002, the same configuration will do both pop-up and zoom with the scroll wheel.
Good luck :)

VERYCIVILDRAFTER
25-03-2005, 06:43 PM
Sorry guy, wheel mice were a new invention when R14 was king of the hill.

You could swipe the "zoom out" and "zoom in" buttons out of the "_Standard Toolbar" zoom flyout, and put them in your own, easy to access, toolbar.

csiarch
26-03-2005, 03:06 AM
Mebbe so, I can't seem to keep track of such things. Never used realtime zooms anyway; too much futzing around.

I can zoom with the scroll wheel in '02 but old zooming habits learned in R10,11,& 12 don't want to seem to die.

I think I can zoom in and out from the keyboard about as fast or faster than sitting there and stroking that little nubby anyway. :wink:

BTW: Since you're civil, take a look at the thread where the guy is asking about establishing new datum points. Think it's "UCS and dimensions"; sounds like he's trying to do an offset so maybe you can shed some light on his question. :lol:

jbear0000
28-03-2005, 07:30 PM
Well, I figured out a round about way of getting the zooming with the mouse wheel to work.

I downloaded a program called Macro Maker http://members.ij.net/anthonymathews/MacroMaker.htm

I set up this program to type "z[enter]2x" when I press ctrl+pageup and type "z[enter].5x" when I press ctrl+pagedown.

Then I downloaded another program called Mouse Wheel Control http://www.ardamax.com/?mwc_tray_menu

I set this program up so that when I use the mouse wheel to scroll up it presses ctrl+pageup and when I scroll down it presses ctrl+pagedown. This is set up to only work in AutoCAD.

It is not a perfect solution, but does work.

csiarch
29-03-2005, 04:31 AM
Not to rain on your parade; your solution certainly seems to be creative and if you're hapy with it, that's the important thing. :lol:

Just keep in mind that every little add-on or add-in to do something for convenience' sake simply means that there's just anopther little thing that can go wrong down the road. Hope it doesn't happen :wink:

Steve K
07-04-2005, 03:27 AM
Well, I figured out a round about way of getting the zooming with the mouse wheel to work.

I downloaded a program called Macro Maker http://members.ij.net/anthonymathews/MacroMaker.htm

I set up this program to type "z[enter]2x" when I press ctrl+pageup and type "z[enter].5x" when I press ctrl+pagedown.

Then I downloaded another program called Mouse Wheel Control http://www.ardamax.com/?mwc_tray_menu

I set this program up so that when I use the mouse wheel to scroll up it presses ctrl+pageup and when I scroll down it presses ctrl+pagedown. This is set up to only work in AutoCAD.

It is not a perfect solution, but does work.
i tried it and it works so you should to

csiarch
07-04-2005, 05:17 PM
Thanks for the mandate..... :shock:

I'll stick with the keyboard. The keyboard works with every version of AutoCad regardless of gadgets, add-ons, "gee-whiz" features to "...save time and increase productivity (sic)..." :roll:

Keyboarding gives your non-pointing hand something to do and cross-trains your brain, making you more efficient overall. Think about it..... :D

You scrollers have a nice day....