PDA

View Full Version : AutoCAD contracting work

RBuzb
23-02-2012, 07:39 PM
Hi Everyone,
If this isn't the proper place in the forum for this subject, please let me know. I may soon have an opportunity to do some work at home contract work for a company that I use to work for. They will provide me with a computer, necessary software, access to plotter or plotting service, supplies, etc. I want to protect my interests in regards to wages and payment terms and probably other things I've not thought about. I have never gone out on my own to do this (or any) kind of work so I'm not exactly sure where to start.

I am looking for a simple contract to take with me that outlines (as a minimum) my fee(s), terms of payment (net 15 or 30 with % late fee if required), something that covers termination of contract (if that is something typically in a contract), any other suggestions are welcome.

I don't want a lot of deep "legal-eze" that only a lawyer understands. I worked for this company for 5+ years and have worked on a similar project before for them. I quit under good terms, not to go to another job but to spend more time with my family. I am just trying to protect my interests as it is a business agreement and they will be looking out for their best interests, not necessarily mine.

Any help is welcome and thank you in advance.

NukeCad
24-02-2012, 03:33 PM
Hi, RBuzb,

You dont say what country you are in, obviously the type of thing you are after will depend on country.