PDA

View Full Version : My _ArchTick won't load!

klugy
22-11-2004, 09:46 AM
Another annoying thing.

I have a dwg that wont display my _ArchTick for dimensions. Other drawings are fine but I have no idea how to force acad to load the block.

Exxit
22-11-2004, 07:47 PM
Hi klugy,

is the block inside the drawing ("_insert")?
Layer "0" on?
Dimstyle ok? :roll:

post the *.dwg!

Lothar

csiarch
23-11-2004, 02:37 AM
In addition to Exxit's suggestions, did you previously insert this block? If so, purge your drawing and insert the block again. Usually blocks are updated by subsequent insertions of the same block BUT not when it's used for a dimension. Only the guy wearing the transparent plastic green visor at the back of the Autodesk building knows why..... :roll:

BTW: You do realize that you can insert this block by starting the Insert>Block command then pressing ESC when prompted for an insert point.

:D

klugy
24-11-2004, 10:16 AM
I ran ssx and it tells me that the block IS loaded in the drawing, 12 instances of it. I then drew a dimension string and exploded it, ran ssx again and it said there were 14 instances of the block. So the block is loading, it just isnt the right block. Could it be that it was redefined somehow in this drawing?

So how would I go about redefining that block back to its original form?

klugy
24-11-2004, 10:33 AM
Ok

I tried attredef but no go. Then I simply created a new block with the same name (_ArchTick) from an exploded version of it from another drawing....and Whala! ArchTicks everywhere!

The mysteries of blocks, block definitions etc will keep historians busy for centuries in their quest to unlock their hidden messages.