PDA

View Full Version : Negative printing

fnm
26-05-2010, 04:48 PM
I need to print some drawings in "negative" ... I mean what usually is white on printed paper should be black... and lines should be white instead of black. Can someone suggest an easy and adequate software for doing this without changing original dimensions of drawing?
I use R14

Kyle Reese
27-05-2010, 04:12 PM
Don't programs like Photoshop allow the user to create a negative of an image? Black lines would appear white and white text, for example, would appear black.

Cad64
27-05-2010, 11:10 PM
Don't programs like Photoshop allow the user to create a negative of an image? Black lines would appear white and white text, for example, would appear black.

Yes, just print your CAD file to pdf, open in Photoshop and then go to the "Image" menu, "Adjustments" sub-menu and select "Invert". Then duplicate your layer and fill the background layer with black.

Kyle Reese
28-05-2010, 11:18 PM
Thank you for the confirmation Cad64. I haven't used Photoshop for quite some time so I admit I wasn't 100% sure.

fnm
02-06-2010, 08:32 PM
Really Photoshop can do what you suggest but first I believe you should convert autocad to a compatible file for PS. Every time that I try to convert to jpg for example the new drawing is not exactly like original dwg... some objects disappear... and second objects dimensions I have the fealing are not exactly the same. Any comments about it?