PDA

View Full Version : mono pdf from true color.

nick bessey
24-02-2010, 01:37 PM
I have looked through the pdf threads but cannot see any query similar:

I have been succcessful in setting AutoCAD 2008 to print using the adobe pdf printer (Adobe standard 6 installed) and am able to print in colour or mono by changing the ctb and/or the printer settings to colour or mono as reqd.
However I have recently received a number of drawings that have used true colour RGB levels for entities and these pdf to greyscale.
I have tried setting the layers to standard Acad index colors and making all of the entities 'colour by layer' but the are still parts that are grey.
I am loath to 'explode' or 'explode to attributes' any blocks in case I lose any data.
Also the title block, for example, has entites which are made from entities RGB values 192,192,192. If i start to explode these it could get very messy and also time consuming as I have over 200 drawings to do.

Does any body have any suggestions?
I am hoping this is fixable within the adobe printer setup but the options there are quite confusing and its set to 'black and white' anyway as shown,

CarLB
24-02-2010, 07:27 PM
I'm not sure there is a way to get true color to have a "black" pen. have you tried converting to stb vs ctb type of plotting?
Another thought, I believe there are lisp routines that will get into the sub-entities and change colors, without needing to explode them to change colors. Could you post a drawing with entities that have unchangeable colors?