PDA

View Full Version : Etch-a-Sketch Challenge

wardyboi
12-10-2004, 07:18 AM
I just got back from London so I aint been on for a while but I'm back!
Nice to see that some people have been saying nice things. I'm glad that although you realise I'm useless in some areas, that you recognise I have entertainment value.. Aw.. I'm welling up.

Anyhow.. I saw some mention of a competition and I have devised such a competition.

Ladies and gentlemen please welcome - The Etch-a-Sketch challenge.

The challenge is (as its near Christmas, I hope everyone celebrates Christmas on here!), to draw a christmassy type picture using only straight and consecutive polylines. That'll take you back to the excruciatingly limited use of that original 'masterpiece' the Etch-a-Sketch.

Make sure you remember you're using CAD though.. I will not be held responsible for anyone who is silly enough to damage their monitor by shaking it afterwards to delete the picture.

I look forward to at least one person humouring me on this one!

VERYCIVILDRAFTER
12-10-2004, 08:41 PM
(golf clap) Very nice wardyboi, very nice indeed.

General Notes:
1) I hated my Etch-a-Sketch, and was never any good at it.
2) The train is pretty cool.
3) That is an Angel on top of the tree.
4) I sort of cheated... the tree and the presents were one poly line, the (scoff) "ornaments" were one poly line and the train was one poly line.... I just joined them.
5) Wardy's is a lot better!

Does this remind anyone else of their old Atari?

wardyboi
13-10-2004, 07:03 AM
.. Has to go to VERYCIVILDRAFTER because you are the only entrant to date! I obviously cannot enter because I set the challenge.

Who else will succumb to the allure of glory that can only be attained by winning such a prestigious event?
Will the next drawing blow our collective, christmas themed, socks off?

Keep em' peeled folks.... This could be big! lol.

Well done VCD thanks for taking the time!
Yep, its official, the train is cool!

VERYCIVILDRAFTER
13-10-2004, 06:52 PM
.. Has to go to VERYCIVILDRAFTER because you are the only entrant to date! I obviously cannot enter because I set the challenge.

Seriously people, please don't let my sorry excuse for a Christmas tree be the only other entry. I was counting on other entries to distract attention away from mine. :) I guess next time I'll take my work more seriously.

mom of 3
14-10-2004, 12:41 PM
hey guys..........if I had the time, I would throw something in here, but I've been swamped for 2 weeks & I unfortunately don't have ACAD at home..........I'll try this weekend to come in here. how's that? not that it would be any better than verycivildrafter's, but I'll try!
:D

wardyboi
14-10-2004, 12:43 PM
I look forward to seeing your handywork!

CADMAN
15-10-2004, 08:12 AM
This is brilliant! nice one wardy, perhaps I should come up with a nice prize? would that encourage a few more entrants? :D

wardyboi
15-10-2004, 08:16 AM
Like a 3 day trip to Butlins in Skegness! :lol:

VERYCIVILDRAFTER
15-10-2004, 07:28 PM
Uhh hu huh. You said Butlins.

Ignorant American does a Google Image search for Butlins in Skegness, and this is what I found.

:? Well I'll still go... but they better have TV and beer. :lol:

From that picture you would think itís a trailer park just meters from the Denver International Air Port. (http://images.google.com/images?hl=en&q=denver+international+airport&spell= 1)

CADMAN
18-10-2004, 08:31 AM
WOW you found a picture when it wasn't raining!!!!