PDA

View Full Version : Shademode in 2009

mare
02-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Hi all, anyone have a clue why the shademode fix that worked in 2008, doesn't work in 2009? Although, we notice that the fix works in vports created after we alter the shademode, it does not rectify the hollow plines in vports created prior the shade mode fix.
Did I totally confuse everyone?
Let me know if you have experienced this or have a potential fix.....thanks. :)

NukeCad
02-07-2009, 04:02 PM
Try typing SHADEMODE into the Search above.
It will show links to all the questions previously asked and answered on this subject.

mare
02-07-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks, I'll try, you are always first to get back to me, not to mention other threads I have read from other people.....you are like my own personal CAD god.....thanks be to Nuke! lol take care for now, wish me luck.

mare
03-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Nopa, nothing there worked, as I figured, most of those threads were for previous versions of CAD. I had the problem in 08, however the shademode fixed it, but it's not working for the 2009. Any other thoughts?

NukeCad
03-07-2009, 09:42 PM
Sorry 3D is not my field, I work on 2D engineering drawings; I just suggested the search having seen other threads discussing shademode.

As to why I seem to be first to answer even we are almost on opposite sides of the world (UK - Canada?).
It is probably because I log on 2 or 3 times whilst I am at work and then when I get home to the pub I also log on to the laptop behind the bar 2,3,4 times.
We dont have Acad on this laptop, it belongs to the pub owner (but Im working on that by drawing floor plans of this and other buildings for him).
SO.. If my answers seem a bit vauge at certain times of the day it's because I havent been able to check them before I post.
Plus I may have had a few myself.
:beer::beer::drinks::beer::beer:

NukeCad
03-07-2009, 09:44 PM
you are like my own personal CAD god.....thanks be to Nuke!.

By the way... I don't claim to be GOD; he was my father:thspitcoffee:

tinsmith
04-07-2009, 01:08 AM
I thought they abandoned shademode totally, I found out different this week. I simply went to CUI & added them to my visual whatevers toolbar.

Still doesn't look any where as good as it did in 14......The further we supposedly go ahead, the further behind we go.

I think Autodesk sucs.

NukeCad
07-07-2009, 01:14 PM
The posts here went a bit off the shademode topic so I have moved them to a thread in the cyberpub.
http://www.cadeverything.com/help/showthread.php?t=4828

mare
08-07-2009, 01:50 PM
Hi tinsmth, no offence meant, just joking around with all of our frustrations with CAD. I have attached a pdf of what the Plines look line when looking from in Paper Space, into a vport (not active).

Cad64
08-07-2009, 07:39 PM
Looks like you have your FILLMODE variable set to 0. Set it to 1 and then REGEN.

mare
08-07-2009, 07:52 PM
Thanks Cad64, but nope, didn't do it, fillmode was already set to (1), thanks anyways....this is a stumper. What is odd is that the fix "shademode" worked in 2008, but now 2009 we are back to ground zero! Grrrr....keep the ideas coming! It is apprecaited.:banghead3

Cad64
08-07-2009, 08:02 PM
Then your UCS must be slightly skewed. With the viewport active, type VIEW to open the View Manager. Then select "Top" and click "Set Current".

mare
09-07-2009, 12:30 PM
Nope, that didn't do it either. This is a stumper.

Cad64
09-07-2009, 12:39 PM
Can you post the drawing?

mare
09-07-2009, 01:41 PM
:)I'll have to check for permission, some potential legal/privacy issues, perhaps I could draw on a fictional dwg and see if it does the same thing and send that. I will get back to you either way, thanks.

Cad64
09-07-2009, 02:38 PM
You don't have to post the entire drawing, just make a copy and delete out anything that might get you in trouble, and then post that file.

Cad64
10-07-2009, 07:37 PM
So are you gonna post the file or did you get it sorted out?
I'm curious to know what's causing this. :confused:

tinsmith
11-07-2009, 02:49 PM
Here's the pic I promised on how to create the toolbar.
Once you've opened the CUI, drag it across fast because the top part of the screen takes off & you have to hunt for it.http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a381/tinsmith04090/CUI-SHADEMODE.jpg

mare
28-07-2009, 03:17 PM
A co-worker found a fix for the hollow plines for 2009 should anyone else come across the same problem. See below.

"Every once in a while we have run into a problem where a polyline with width greater than 0 displays and plots fine in modelspace, but in paper space it is hollow.

To correct this, I have found a new command.
DDVPOINT
Set the X axis to 270 and the XY plane to 90
Also check that your fillmode =1 and fill is ON."

mare
28-07-2009, 03:18 PM
Sorry tinsmith, I hadn't received any notifications that you had responded and I just noticed them now as I was posting my fix note.
Thank you anyways.

Cad64
29-07-2009, 12:06 AM
A co-worker found a fix for the hollow plines for 2009 should anyone else come across the same problem. See below.

"Every once in a while we have run into a problem where a polyline with width greater than 0 displays and plots fine in modelspace, but in paper space it is hollow.

To correct this, I have found a new command.
DDVPOINT
Set the X axis to 270 and the XY plane to 90
Also check that your fillmode =1 and fill is ON."

:o That's exactly what I told you to do and you said it didn't work?

Using DDVPOINT and setting it to 270 and 90 is exactly the same as typing VIEW and setting it to Top as I suggested.

I also told you to check your Fillmode variable.

Sometimes I think people are just not listening to me. :confused:

tinsmith
29-07-2009, 12:53 AM
:o That's exactly what I told you to do and you said it didn't work?

Using DDVPOINT and setting it to 270 and 90 is exactly the same as typing VIEW and setting it to Top as I suggested.

I also told you to check your Fillmode variable.

Sometimes I think people are just not listening to me. :confused:

Huh?:D

Cad64
29-07-2009, 01:42 AM
See what I mean . . .:boohoo:

mare
29-07-2009, 12:36 PM
nice......, but apparently not the same thing, because the fellow that gave me the recent fix also tried the VIEW and TOP command, and it didn't work for him either....so please don't say I am not listening, that's just rude. And just for the record, I had also tried the fillmode variable prior posting my original query.
Perhaps that's the problem with these blogs, it is difficult to get a clear message across.
no olive branches my way obviously.

tinsmith
29-07-2009, 05:18 PM
See what I mean . . .:boohoo:

Just kiddin' captain......

Cad64
29-07-2009, 07:53 PM
nice......, but apparently not the same thing, because the fellow that gave me the recent fix also tried the VIEW and TOP command, and it didn't work for him either....so please don't say I am not listening, that's just rude. And just for the record, I had also tried the fillmode variable prior posting my original query.

It is the same thing. DDVPOINT just allows you to set your views very precisely, but setting it to 270 and 90 is exactly the same as setting VIEW > Top. It's just a different way of doing it. View may not work in previous versions though. You are using 2009 correct?

If my suggestion is not working for you, then I would like to see the drawing so I can determine why. And as I said, you don't have to post the entire drawing, just the section where you are experiencing the problem.

If you don't want to, that's fine. I'm just curious as to why this is happening.

And my comment about people not listening is derived from my years of experience on these types of forums, not just this one thread. I've found that many people either don't read thoroughly what's been written or just dismiss the advice because they think it won't work. So they just post back saying "that didn't work, any other ideas?", without even trying. Then they come back later saying "I figured it out, it was this or that", which was exactly what I told them to begin with. It's happened many, many times.

If you think I was rude, then so be it, but I stand by my statement.

Cad64
29-07-2009, 07:55 PM
Just kiddin' captain......

No worries :thumbsup:

mare
29-07-2009, 08:47 PM
am i missing something????
I tried what was suggested, please don't group me with the entire human existance, I respected your opinion, and your advice, as well as others. When options didn't work, I had to let it go for the time being because work needed to go on. Recently, someone in the office came to me with what they called a fix for the problem, I posted it hoping to help others. I was listening...I did try exactly what was suggested, exactly to the "T". I work at a couple of different offices, so sometimes it is 2008, sometimes 2009, but it was someone else in the office running 2009 who ran into the problem initially. I was just trying to help by posting it to this forum.
I'm sorry if it appeared that I was not listening, none the less, I was simply trying to help, and meant no harm. mare out :(

NukeCad
29-07-2009, 09:09 PM
Hi again Mare (Hope to see you soon?)

Don't worry!
As regulars on the forum we get to see the same things asked time and time again. (Not talking about your post, that is a new one as far as I know).

Anyway, we are all guilty of sometimes getting a bit tetchy about people who will not take on board the advice offered and ask the same question again. Its just one of those things.
(I hold my hand up, I have been guilty of having a rant at someone before).

We ARE her to help as much as we can and appreciate anyone who has time to do the same; The more people who are willing to help the more people we CAN help.

Welcome to the helpers.:thumbs_up

Cad64
29-07-2009, 09:22 PM
am i missing something????
I tried what was suggested, please don't group me with the entire human existance, I respected your opinion, and your advice, as well as others. When options didn't work, I had to let it go for the time being because work needed to go on. Recently, someone in the office came to me with what they called a fix for the problem, I posted it hoping to help others. I was listening...I did try exactly what was suggested, exactly to the "T". I work at a couple of different offices, so sometimes it is 2008, sometimes 2009, but it was someone else in the office running 2009 who ran into the problem initially. I was just trying to help by posting it to this forum.
I'm sorry if it appeared that I was not listening, none the less, I was simply trying to help, and meant no harm. mare out :(

Understood, and your reply about the solution is appreciated, but I would still like to see the drawing. I really don't understand why DDVPOINT works, but VIEW doesn't work. That doesn't make sense to me? :confused: