PDA

View Full Version : Custom menu image problems

msaady
27-02-2009, 08:58 PM
We have several custom menus set up network wide in my office, most of them work fine, some have question marks showing up as the icons as opposed to the image file assigned to the toolbar. This does not happen on every machine in the office, just a few. The images that do not show are not the same comp to comp. Any ideas?

NukeCad
04-03-2009, 10:38 PM
Yes, the menu icon will come up as a smiley face or question mark when the icon pathname cannot be found by Autocad (which one depends on the version of Autocad).

You may have to go into the menu editor, browse to where the icon is and reload / reasve it on the machines that are giving you problems.

msaady
05-03-2009, 03:29 PM
What if all the user profiles have been standardized for file pathing and the icons are located in a central folder on the server? The menus are server based as well as the icons and the support file paths are the same on all machines. Would it still be a file pathing issue?

NukeCad
05-03-2009, 03:48 PM
For some reason I have had this same problem in the past when copying menu definitions and associated icons from one machine to another; even though the drives and folder structures are standardised on the machines.

Admittedly we keep our support files on our own machines so that we can customise our own menus and have drawing templates, plot style tables, etc on the server network.

Not sure why copied icons should be OK with some machines and not with others, but it does happen and as I said before the only way round it seems to be resaving the icons on the problem machines.

Just as an extra note; you seem to get more problems with this issue if you have given your icons names rather than letting Autocad give them a number (ICON12345.bmp etc).

msaady
05-03-2009, 03:53 PM
Interesting...I'll give it a shot. Thanks buddy!

msaady
05-03-2009, 04:30 PM
As you suspected, it was a pathing issue. Some paths were full paths set to reference a server in a remote office (non-mapped network drive). Thanks again...have a good day.

NukeCad
05-03-2009, 05:55 PM
Nice to know you got it sorted.

Glad to have been of help.

:drinks: