PDA

View Full Version : starting autocad

tubebender
04-01-2009, 11:46 AM
After replacing a broken hard drive I reloaded 2000 and it starts as MTD5 and I recognize nothing. I have drawing files and a copy of 2000i running on another machine with the look and feel I have grown to love. How can I bring in all my toolbars and preferences all at once? I have only limited abilities with computers but I can follow instructions. I can remake toolbars and set-up my workspace if I can just plain 'ole autocad to start. Thanks in advance!

tinsmith
04-01-2009, 02:32 PM
In options, your profile, export your profile as a .arg file.

Again in options, import it back in.

NukeCad
04-01-2009, 05:54 PM
With 2000 you may have to copy your .mnu file and your custom icons across.

As you say that you dont know too much then I would assume that these are in the autocad SUPPORT folder on whichever drive you use (probably C: ).

If youre still having trouble come back and we will try to do it step by step.

Cheers Nuke

tubebender
17-01-2009, 10:15 AM
thanks for the tips, I copied the files in the support folder with the externsion "MNU" from the "good" machine. I will also follow the profile export instructions. It sounds like the export/import should be my first move. thanks again, I will keep you posted.

tubebender
24-03-2009, 08:17 PM
I got that all sorted out, today I touched some button and the screen turned white and all the colors switched.

NukeCad
25-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Glad you got your menus sorted out.

Your colors question has been address in the other thread.

P.S. There is no need to post questions twice: they will show up under 'New Posts' wherever they are; even if asked in an old thread like this.