PDA

View Full Version : text override question

randomnewb
14-10-2008, 02:39 PM
[ <>\P+1"SCR ]

i know what the above script does, but does anyone know where i can find a list if the commands you can use?

[ <>+2 {\H0.7x;\S1#2;}"] SCR is another good expample, i had a dim where i had the annotative measurement and needed to add [ +2 1/2" SCR] but i wanted the fractional portion stacked. i got that code from a co-workers drawing and was able to get it done, but i dont know how he did it.

randomnewb
14-10-2008, 03:01 PM
well i figured out how he got the fraction to stack. he edited the dimension with dimedit then stacked the fraction from inside the mtext editor, apprently that code is something autocad derives for itself. i still wouldnt mind knowing where to find a list of those things. for example [ %%d ] becomes the little circle for degrees. just something to print or bookmark for future reference would rock.

NukeCad
14-10-2008, 05:26 PM
The control codes for text formatting used to be listed in the HELP under TEXT in earlier versions, not sure about 2008 but the help is always a good place to start.
:thumbsup:

randomnewb
14-10-2008, 06:05 PM
yea my help doesnt work and my boss wont fix it. hes great! :boohoo:

Grape Dude
14-10-2008, 06:18 PM
be glad. i had to break my F1 key off to stop that damn thing from going off.

Alan Cullen
14-10-2008, 09:30 PM
The F1 key can be reassigned to ESC very easily...yell if you want to know how.

Grape Dude
15-10-2008, 02:24 PM
Archi,
I have replaced my Esc key w/ a new button. Have you seen the "EASY" button?... Well, mine is an "O Sh!+" button. It's almost the same size too. :thspitcoffee::thspitcoffee::thspitcoffee::thspitc offee: I use it constantly