PDA

View Full Version : Acad Lisp and hatch

soks5
10-08-2008, 09:31 PM
Please, can someone help me?
I have downloaded from the internet some LISP and HATCH schemes, and I am very interested how can I use it.
How can I use downloaded hatch, and how can I use LISP?
I have looked everywhere: on the internet and on the help, and I havent found it.PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!

Cad64
10-08-2008, 09:38 PM
Here's what I do:
Create a folder called Hatch or whatever in your C:\Documents and Settings\(Your Name)\Application Data\Autodesk\AutoCAD 2008\R17.1\enu folder and put all of your custom hatch patterns in there. Now back in Autocad, go to your Options dialog and create a new "Support File Search Path", (see screen shot below). Once you do that, your custom patterns will show up in the Hatch dialog.

Cad64
10-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Here's my Hatch dialog displaying all of my custom patterns after setting the search path described previously:

Cad64
10-08-2008, 10:08 PM
There are a few different ways to load lisp routines. You can either load them only when needed or you can have them Autoload whenever you open or start a new drawing.

The first thing you need to do is create a folder somewhere on your hard drive and put all of your lisp routines inside. It doesn't matter where this folder is located, it can be anywhere.

To load a lisp routine, type APPLOAD at the command line to open the "Load/Unload Applications" dialog. Now browse to the "Lisp" folder you created and select the routine that you want to run. Once a routine is loaded, it can be used for as long as the drawing is open. If you switch to another drawing or close and then re-open the current drawing, you will have to re-load the routine.

To have your routines Autoload whenever you open a drawing, or start a new drawing, type APPLOAD at the command line to open the "Load/Unload Applications" dialog. Now click on the "Startup Suite" Contents button. Now click the "Add" button and browse to your "Lisp" folder and select the routines you want to Autoload. Once these are in the Startup Suite, they should load automatically.

But I have found that the Startup Suite is a bit buggy and is not always reliable.

This is how I Autoload my Lisp routines:

Open Notepad and add lines, similar to what I have posted below, for every routine that you want to Autoload.

(load "C:/Program Files/Lisp/AU.lsp")

Note: The above is just an example. Don't use what I have posted. The path and lisp routine name will be different on your machine.

Now save this file to your C:\Autocad 2008\Support folder, or wherever your Autocad 2008\Support folder is located. Save this txt file as acaddoc.lsp. Now whenever you open a drawing, your lisp routines are sure to load every time.

soks5
17-08-2008, 08:20 AM
Thanks for the help. I manage to do with my hatch, but I still have problems with Lisp. I hope I will understand it very soon.
Thanks again