PDA

View Full Version : Autocad ADT 2008

Kio
08-07-2008, 03:39 PM
Hello Everyone,
If anybody knows anything about ADT 2008 i have a question for you so here it is. I have some walls with windows and doors anchored down on them, the problem is when i move, rotate or mirrow the plan or specific wall the window or door does not stay anchored or keep its exact location. Whats happening here and how do i solve that?

Thanks,
Kio

architech
20-09-2008, 02:54 AM
Did you ever get answer to this...
If not..
What exactly happens to the doors and windows...???

Do they stay floating in space...???

Or what...

architech
20-09-2008, 04:48 AM
By the way
.... as i understand it... anchoring doors and windows... will be locked to one specific end of a wall...
apparently when you select a window and door and right click to anchor such objects... You pick the wall...
BUT

Depending on where you pick on the wall ... will dictate which corner these items will be locked into...

Depending on the endpoint your choose to rotate... will dictate which end point you should choose to ancher your object too...

Not much of a task to try both ends of the wall to see which one will work...

Hope that helps..
Later
R.

Kio
22-09-2008, 01:28 PM
Architech,
Thanks for the reply but i'm not sure if I fully understand what your saying. Lets say that I have a wall that is 20 feet long with a door anchored in the center with a window anchored to each side of the door. If i wanted to rotate the wall, door and windows all together, where is my pick point for rotation?

Thanks,
Kio

architech
22-09-2008, 02:02 PM
In general,
When you anchor items to a wall.... The items will anchor themseleves to ONE end of the wall.

Depending on which side of the (i.e.) 20Foot wall from the midpoint - LEFT or RIGHT.. (when you right clicked to anchor the items)... dictates which end of the wall the items get associated too.

Try this....
rotate or mirror the wall... using one end of the wall....

Then do the same thing to the opposite end ....
and see if the results are the same....

See the image attached... for better illustation...

Kio
22-09-2008, 03:46 PM
Architech,
ok, i tried your example and i get the same results. When i try to anchor the window or door using one end of the wall, the item moves to that point. Do you have access to ADT? if so maybe i can send you a cad file.

Kio

architech
22-09-2008, 04:01 PM
No i dont have access to ADT...
But i read up on it over the weekend on the AutoDesk discussion group....

After surfing .... SOoooo many threads....
:birth:

However...
My only advice would be to post on the AutoDesk Discussion group...

And part of your SUBJECT heading....
Put "Reid Addiss" or "Rob Starz"
Those two seem to know alot of ADT...

I actual met Reid Addiss A LONG time ago...
He was a trainer for "Softdek's Auto Architect"...

He was a big advocate for these types of softwares (AutoArchitect and ADT)

He broke it down to me ... about the database link and all - to AutoCAD...

Rob Starz sounds familiar to me...
I think we went ot the same university... ???

Small world...
:)

In any case, reading all the threads there...
was my small education on your the subject of ADT...

I have nothing more for you...
:banghead3
Except trying one of those guys...
:cartman:

... i tried...

Kio
22-09-2008, 04:16 PM
Architech,
Hey thanks for the effort, i'll try those guys you referred. This ADT stuff is pretty new to me also, I'm more versed in Autocad. I'll see what these guys say, and i'll let you know what the solution is.

Thanks again,
Kio