PDA

View Full Version : plot to file wireframe w hidden lines

luckypenny
05-02-2006, 06:29 AM
Hello,

I'm having trouble plotting to a file. What I'm trying to plot is a wireframe view but with hidden lines. I'm trying to plot to a file using a postscript plotter instead of doing a printscreen copy to transfer into photoshop because it gives a better resolution for large drawings (so say the experts!).

In the model layout if I go to plot it gives me an option to plot view, but then doesn't seem to allow me to scale it properly. Seems to just fill the page whatever size I pick. I also checked the hide objects check box in the plot options section.

In a paperspace layout, I set up the view in the viewport, check the hide objects check box and it looks fine but then when I preview it is a standard wireframe, all lines visible. I plotted one to file and openned it in photoshop but sure enough all the lines were visible.

Am I doing something wrong? The way I understand it I can't use the Render to file feature to get just a wireframe with hidden lines.

If your really interested this is what I'm trying to do......
http://www.archidigm.com/lounge/index.htm
scroll down the right side to under Adobe .... click on Gradient Masks.
Photoshop Gradient Masks over CAD drawings

But right now I can't get the wireframe drawing out of ACAD. I know I could do it with "PrintScreen" but that is only good for small images.

I would be sooooo happy if anybody can help me with this!

Luckypenny.

CarLB
05-02-2006, 06:37 AM
Not sure if you want to dispaly "hidden lines" (dashed?) or you want to hide the lines. Anyway....I've heard the DISPILH setting has some effect on this. A real 3-d'r will come along and set us straight :)

luckypenny
05-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Right. I can see how that's not clear. I am indeed trying to hide the lines, as in View -> Hide not display hidden lines.

I tried typing in that "DISPILH" in the command line, but my software seems to not know what it is.

Thanks for the input.

luckypenny
05-02-2006, 07:21 PM
I thought I'd try just doing a PrintSreen screengrab to try out the photoshop part for the moment, but I now I noticed this....

I set up a perspective view, then do View -> Hide, screengrab, paste to Photoshop.

then

I go back to the exact same perspective view, Render to Viewport, screengrab, paste to Photoshop.

and I notice :yikes: the Render has slightly changed the view (openned it up a bit) so now they won't line up.

Oh, I really hope somebody can help me with this.

CarLB
06-02-2006, 03:18 AM
The variable is actually DISPSILH (probably for "display silouhette"), my memory was a little off. Check if "help" explains the settings for this.