PDA

View Full Version : Printing Autocad drawings

chewingyu
29-07-2005, 05:02 PM
How can I print my autocad drawings in a printer? Not a plotter but a printer. I could see no option to select 'Printer', so what I do is to copy and paste onto Microsoft Powerpoint and print from there. But the lines are so fine, almost hairline like, and can hardly be seen. I tried to increase the thickness in autocad before copying and pasting but it doesn't make much difference.

Please help.

csiarch
30-07-2005, 01:57 AM
What version of Acad?

Printer and plotter are often considered as the same.

AutoCad will plot to either:

1. The current operating system printer (plotter) OR:

2. A plot file.

You can specify the current printer (plotter) from the desktop by clicking on Start>Settings>Printers then right-click on one of the displayed icons and click on "Set as Default".

Then return to your AutoCad drawing, select Page Set-Up and follow the prompts. Select the default printer (plotter) as your plot device and try poltting (printing).

I use both R14 and 2002 and regularly send drawings to either a Canon Laser Printer or a Canon BJC 4550 11 x 17 printer/plotter.

Hope this helps.... :)

chewingyu
30-07-2005, 05:12 AM
I am using Autocad 2000

The printer is a HP printer. Can't remember the model now (not in office now)

csiarch
30-07-2005, 09:43 PM
Chew...: Determine the model number of the printer and then check to list of plot devices furnished with AutoCad to verify that it is supported. Then explore the Page Set-Up option and work through the information I previously posted.

Good Luck! :)

chewingyu
01-08-2005, 09:02 AM
Oh yes I can print it!!
I didn't know one can select a printer in the "plotter manager"

csiarch
01-08-2005, 09:40 PM
Chew....You know the difference btween what is considered a "printer" and a "plotter" but thye are all the same to AutoCad.

Glad to be of help :lol: