Thread: AutoCAD Prank.

AutoCAD Prank.

No good can come of this... and that's why i'm putting it here.

Have you ever notice when creating Mtext, it displays the sample text "abc" before you pick it's width. Well this text can be edited to say just about anything you want. :twisted: I'm not saying you should change it on other peoples AutoCAD's... I'm just saying I'm going to.

This is from Acad Help:
    MTJIGSTRING System Variable

Type: String
    Saved in: Registry
    Initial value: "abc"

Sets the content of the sample text displayed at the cursor location when the MTEXT command is started. The text string is displayed in the current text size and font. You can enter any string of up to ten letters or numbers or enter . (period) to display no sample text.

architech Guest
    :shock: :P

I like that one!

Here's another ....

Setup another UCS at some different angle and shut off the UCSICON
    ... and lift the new UCS 2" above the 0 plane.

More subtle to just turn the UCS 90 or 180 degrees and see if anyone notices.....

I wonder how long someone would work on a drawing before they noticed that the UCS was not a Z=0?????? Man, that's MEAN! :twisted:

Architect: PLEASE tell me where I can find the reworked avatar you did for me???? :roll:

architech Guest
    Here's another trick ....

Go into OPTIONS .... Display> Colors ....

Choose ...

Model tab pointer ... and make the color match the background so it disappears.....

Same thing for the Layout tabs pointer .... :twisted:

Yeah, O.K. Want to remember that many users can't handle the basics so this is a good one.

At my reseller, there's a snotty little kid that's always taking pot-shots at my age (he's young and knows everything; I'm old and don't).

While I was there and he was at lunch last week, I put two layers of frosty tape across the sensor opening of his optical mouse. Doesn't stop it but it sure makes it sluggish! Think I got this tip from you guys.

:wink:

Really nasty one if you want to experiment: go into the O/S and change the country code! :evil:

mom of 3 is offline Technologically illiterrate chatty mommy
    Quote Originally Posted by csiarch
    While I was there and he was at lunch last week, I put two layers of frosty tape across the sensor opening of his optical mouse. Doesn't stop it but it sure makes it sluggish! Think I got this tip from you guys.
    will masking tape work, too??????????
    :twisted:

I suppose masking tape would work but the frosty (or magic mending tape) is slicker so the mouse will still glide O.K. Also it is semi-transparent so the screen cursor will still move but it lags and hesitates. When this happens, the tekkies usually start looking for something esoteric in the system. :roll:

Last thing they do is look at the underside of the mouse (Heh!)

architech Guest
    Here's another one if an office uses a color plotter...

Go into their layers and change color 7 to color 255.

When they try to print nothing will come out, although on screen everything will look fine. :P

architech Guest

Thumbs up

Here's another prank ....
    On a detail sheet of 4 or better Set the MAXACTVP to 3 or just one less of what ever number of details are there.....

The user will at first think its a regen issue but then think the view port is off or locked ..... then delete the viewport and make another .... ..... and another .... and another with no idea is going on