Thread: Fatal Error Help

Question Fatal Error Help

I am using AutoCAD 2012 LT.I am running Windows 7 64 bit. Every time I open the software it crashes immediately (whether i open a blank project or an existing one). The error message says:
    FATAL Error: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at fcdb940dh

I have tried downloading/updating/repairing .net, uninstalled/reinstalled AutoCAD altogether, and changed two words in the registry (which I saw suggested on a Google search) all to no success.I can't find this actual error anywhere in the search, but I had hoped the fixed for similar ones would help. Nope.

Any ideas? Thanks!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Error.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	19.8 KB 
ID:	1149

When you did the uninstall did you follow the procedure as posted online at the AutoDesk website?

Does your computer meet the recommended minimum specifications as called for by AutoDesk?

When you installed the program did you temporarily disable your antivirus program?

When you installed the program did you first create a Windows RESTORE point?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

When you did the uninstall did you follow the procedure as posted online at the AutoDesk website?
    I did, yes.

Does your computer meet the recommended minimum specifications as called for by AutoDesk?
    It does. Barely but yes.

When you installed the program did you temporarily disable your antivirus program?
    No, did not do that.

When you installed the program did you first create a Windows RESTORE point?
    Do you mean before the first installation? If so then no, this is a company computer and was ready to go when I started. Or at least they thought it was.

If your system barely meets the minimum specs it could perhaps be the root cause of your problem.

AutoCAD LT. Hmmmm.....then you aren't doing any 3D work nor are you dependent on using lisp routines.

Why 2012?

Do you have the latest drivers installed for your graphics card? You do have a graphics card and not an onboard graphics chip don't you?

Can we get the full specs on your computer?

In the future, whether it is you or someone from IT or the office computer whiz-kid I would highly recommend that you...

1. Create a Windows Restore point before loading ANY new software.
    2. Temporarily disable the UAC.
    3. Temporarily disable your anti-virus program.
    4. Install AutoCAD.
    5. Download and install any service packs and hot-fixes (if applicable).
    6. Then start up AutoCAD. Test it. Does it run? If yes then enable the UAC and your anti-virus program and you are good to go.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

I have 2012 because that's what was on my computer. It's my understanding we don't use AutoCAD too much, so only what is needed is bought. I guess 2012 has been doing the job.
    I will shoot the specs your way when I go in next, not sure what they are exactly off the top of my head.

And I will suggest the installation process. Not allowed to do it myself.

The only two things I can think of at the moment are pretty drastic.

1. Wipe the drive and start over from scratch.

2. Uninstall again and use a Registry cleaner then reinstall following the steps outlined above.

Here is something you might try before going to extreme measures.

Click Start > Programs > Autodesk > AutoCAD-based program > Reset Settings to Default.

BTW...it should go without saying but whoever installs AutoCAD should have full admin privileges.

The following on the Autodesk website suggests that this error code affects various autocad versions and with differing results.
    It is a registry error and the post gives details of the registry entry to be corrected.
    You will need someone who has Admin access and knows about using REGEDIT to do this

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCA...h/td-p/2576143

Another suggestion there that appeared to sort the problem was:
    Delete acad.cui,then uninstall the CAD,logout,logon and install the CAD.
    REGEDIT would be easier though.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.