Thread: Missing toolbars

Missing toolbars

Acad14 with winxp pro. old set up but its what i got. After rebooting, I sometimes loose all the toolbars. I have numerous customized toobars and an add on softaware that has toobars. The add on has its own .mns,.mnu etc files that are loaded. When they are not loaded I have to manually reload each one to save the day and keep working. Help!
    Mike

Maybe its time to move to a program that is a little more recent.

Have you looked at the paths to all these files?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

You say "After rebooting" is there some other problem that is causing you to reboot?, in that case are you closing down fully or using ctrl+alt+del to soft reboot?
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Someday I will be able to afford new steel software, and new autocad, but not yet. the toolbars must be in the search path because it works fine for years, just recently, after I shut down the computer fore the weekend(i.e.) and turn it on a couple days later is when (sometimes) ALL the toolbars(custom ones and acad ones) are gone. I can manually go to the toolbar box and click on the buttons to get them on and organized etc. Not sure how to check the pathways..or what exact files to look for .

If it were a newer version of AutoCAD I'd have an answer but release 14 is so old I........well, nevermind.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Rev 14 startup toolbar problems, try looking at the posts in the following links

http://www.cadeverything.com/help/sh...hlight=startup

The older posts on here-
    http://www.cadeverything.com/help/se...622&pp=&page=3

Rev14/Acad97 is getting very old now but should still be able to run on XP.
    I must say that I wouldnt try it.
    I have rev 2000i but keep a PC with Win98SE to run it on.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

2000i should be able to be run on a computer using WinXP as both programs came out within a year of each other if I recall correctly.

I just came across a Win98SE installation CD the other day while cleaning out an old filing cabinet. That was one of Microsoft's better versions of Windows. Ah, the days of old! LoL