Thread: Toolbars Missing

Toolbars Missing

All toolbars are missing. I typed in menuload and selected acad.mnu and acad.mns and it says they both are already loaded. I type in toolbar and there is nothing listed in the space to select which toolbars are on or off. Please Help!

AutoCAD release 14? That's going back a few years.

Try the following.

At the command line type: -toolbar

AutoCAD asks: Enter toolbar name or [ALL]: standard

AutoCAD asks: Enter an option [Show/Hide/Left/Right/Top/Bottom/Float] <Show>: press the Enter key

The Standard toolbar should appear on your screen. Once it does you should now be able to right-click on it and enable other toolbars.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Thanks!

Well, I actually recieved a message back saying the standard toolbar does not exist. So I unloaded and then reloaded the acad.mnu and acad.mns files and the toolbars came back.

Yes R14 is ancient and I do not use it (I use 2008), but the engineer next door to me does and I try to do what I can to help him out and to keep him up and running even though he refuses to upgrade.

We're about 4.5 months away from 2014 being released.

Do either one of you work in 3D?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Yes, I mainly work in 3D. I actually use Architectural Desktop 2008.

I have not upgraded because I depend on AutoSOLIDS and it was not developed after 2008.

The views created in Architectural Desktop 2008, are usuable for my approval but they take to long to generate and all radius faces are faceted.

So I use AutoSOLIDS only to quickly generate the six 2D views and the four Isometric views. The rest of AutoSOLIDS is worthless to me and I actually only load AutoSOLIDS when I am producing production tickets. Then I restart AutoCAD to unload AutoSOLIDS.

I am all ears if you know of a way around my dependence of AutoSOLIDS.

I am familiar with AutoSolids. I have it on my home computer but haven't used it much.

Does the engineer next to you do any 3D work? I ask because there is a free 2D AutoCAD-clone called Draftsight (by dassault systemes) that is available for download. It is basically on par with AutoCAD 2010 in all other regards. dassault even makes available a 160+ page manual in PDF format for users of their product. It too is free. Draftsight will read and write to the 2010 DWG file format.