Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Changing the cursor position in wireframe mode?

Maybe you should consider getting in touch with some of the companies that make AutoCAD clone software. You can get much of the functionality of AutoCAD at a substantial discount. What's nice is the programs are so similar to AutoCAD you might not notice the difference. They can both read and write to the DWG file format too. There are even 2D versions that really are absolutely free. One of them is a program called DraftSight.

AutoCAD clones include: ProgeCAD, IntelliCAD, ZwCAD and Bricscad just to name the four most popular.

Your students are missing out on a lot of new content/features.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

One would think that with all the talk about educating our young people and the need to be competitive we could find the money to help schools like yours to update their software. We'd rather spend it on bombs and bullets I guess. What a shame.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

mdimattei Guest
    Thanks for the information and I will absolutely look into those other programs. I offer a college level AutoCAD course at my High School and I've been looking to upgrade for years. We do use Pro-Engineer (Creo Elements) in my classroom but that cannot cover the material the college asks me to cover. However with those clone programs I might be able to get away with not having AutoCAD and still do all of there required elements. Thanks again.

Sure thing. Stop by again....and tell your students to visit CAD Everything too. Well, unless you don't want us to give them all the answers! LoL Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12