Thread: I have 3 questions

I have 3 questions

Autocad Forum

Dear Friends

I have 3 questions

Version : 2002 & 2009*

* - 2002 has more license (Since more license we are using this) and 2009 has limited license and 2009 needs to checkin in PLM

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

1) While using Copy clip and Paste clip sometimes this command is working and sometimes not working. All layers are checked, Tools > Options > User Preferences > Windows Standard behavior > Windows Standard Accelerator keys tried / checked
    Version 2002

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

2) Layout Space to Model Space how to copying ?
    Since i want to work in model space it is very flexible than layout space
    Version 2002

3) Working in 2002 and checkin in 2009

While working in 2002 Attributes are fine and if the drawing is opened in 2009 for checkin then all the attributed datas are changed as say `XXX' like that, how to solve this ?

In texts removing attributes and keeping it as just Texts
    Purge all, Battman i.e., Modify > Object > Attribute > Block Attribute Manager checked / tried. If we are using edit `ed' in command propt for the text (not block attributed text then it shows `Edit Text' dialog box. but if we are using this edit `ed' command for block attributed test then autocad shows `Edit Attribute Definition' dialog box - now i want to change the attributed text to ordinary text (if we are using `ed' means it should show `Edit Text' dialog box only.

Please any body tell me how to explode the

thanks in advance

N.Thilagaraj

Copy/Paste in 2002. Are all updates and hot fixes for 2002 installed?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Paper space layout to model space. Use the Change Space command CHSPACE. You must have at least one viewport in your layout.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

1- copy/paste problem could be a known problem, look here http://www.cadeverything.com/help/sh...highlight=2007

2- Use CHSPACE as Kyle says.

3- ??
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Dear Mr.NukeCac

When in 1 drawing file contains block Attributed (attributed text) when iam working in a Autocad 2002 it looks fine, when i opens in Autocad 2009 then all attribuited text are become xxxx like that. So kindly advice me how to extract the attributed texts to original text where this problem can be avoided. I used `attext' command and generated one .dxx file (drawing exchange format file usually .dxf but here it is .dxx) and i do know how to open the .dxx file in Autocad.

Any body please help me to get rid of this problem.

thanks in advance

thilag

Hi,

can you attach a screenshot with the xxx attribut? Maybe you have a problem with the text font/style. Normally you can edit the attributes with Autocad 2009.

I did not understand your problem exactly, but if you want to convert an atribute to a text object, you can use the command "burst" from the Express Tools.
    http://www.cad-design-and-drafting-s...t-command.html

Lothar
    WIN XP, ADT 2004

I agree with Lothar, if your attributes are showing up ok in 2002 but showing as xxxx in 2009 then it is probably a font problem.

It could be that 2002 is using a font that is not loaded on your 2009 setup; or the font style definition for 2009 may have a different width or height setting.
    I have seen attribute values show up as xxxx when the value is too long to fit in the space specified for the attribute; if your 2009 font style definition is larger than your 2002 definition then this could be the problem.

As for using attext, this command extracts the attributes to a text file it does not create a drawing.
    If you want to extract attributes from one drawing and insert into another you should look at the Express Tools commands ATTOUT and ATTIN?
    http://www.cadtutor.net/forum/showth...ext-in-reverse
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.