Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 76a5b727h

I'm not necessarily looking to switch away from AutoCAD, I've used it for 20 years, I like it, my business output is based almost entirely on AutoCAD. We're a small architecture office, working exclusively in 2D with AutoCAD. With the economy and work loads the way they are, upgrading to the newest AutoCAD version, which I would like to do, is just not feasible. I am currently downloading a trial version of AutoCAD LT 2011, to give a try.

My cad guru, who unfortunately passed away earlier this year, had told me there were, are an abundance of issues with R2002. His experience as a CAD manager at a large architecture firm gave him the expierence to deal with the issues, that he passed to me along with may lsp routines to deal with my problems. For years when I mentioned upgrading to a new version of LT, he always said stay away from it, that I would not like it after working with the full version, and to work around the issues with 2002.
    Last edited by k2aarchitects; 08-10-2010 at 04:38 PM.

You should have at least tried out LT long before this.

Unfortunately since lisp is not supported in LT no matter how good it might be that would be one big reason not to make the switch.

Check out ZWcad just the same. For the same price as LT you could get what amounts to being a full version of this AutoCAD clone.

I also was having trouble opening AutoCAD 2002 in windows 7, it used to work fine but then i started getting FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h when I would try to open the program.

I FOUND A FIX!

It sounds crazy but it works for some. All I had to do was insert a usb thumb drive into an open usb port. Thats all it took. Simply insert a usb drive and open AutoCAD 2002. Works like a charm, don't ask me why but it was the fix. Hope this helps some of you.

I FOUND THE FIX TOO!

Thanks for the last post, about the usb thing.
    I found out that in the Windows 7 using AutoCAD 2002, the list of the recently used files is the culprit. Because it refers to a non-existent drive, unless a usb will be inserted and has the same drive letter as the recently used file(s). Without a usb, it will always display fatal error unhandled exception.
    The work-around is go to the registry and delete the entry or entries referring to the dwg file in the usb drive. (e.g. E:\academy.dwg)
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Autodesk\AutoCAD\R15.0\ ACAD-1:409\Recent Files List
    OR, remove all in it, and viola, your AutoCAD 2002 will work out fine, as it did in mine.

Quite likely someone worked off a USB flash drive and forgot. Same type of thing used to happen when users worked off of a floppy disk. The answer: always copy the file to your hard drive and edit that file. When you are done with your edits save the drawing then back the file up by copying it to your flash drive.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

put in a flashdrive while working with autocad

yes it works for me too

Put in a flash drive while working in AutoCAD for what purpose exactly Charles? Do you always respond to your own posts?
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

i was responding to query new at this , where should i respond ?? who is reese??

You did not answer my question. Why put a flash drive in while working in AutoCAD?

Who is Reese? I am. See the name: Kyle Reese?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast