Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 76a5b727h

FATAL ERROR: Unhandled e06d7363h Exception at 76a5b727h

I am in the process of migrating my AutoCad 2002 Architectural Desktop 3.3 form my old xp desktop to a new laptop running Windows 7. (yes, 2002 is still working fine for me and I'm too cheap to upgrade to a newer version) Everything has been working fine for several weeks until last night, the AutoCAD Today window that I have been just canceling when going into the program, I allowed it to run its ActiveX, thinking it would streamline getting into AutocCAD. Big mistake! AutoCAD will no longer open on the machine. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software several times, I have restored the system to several days earlier to try and undo what I did, and then have uninstalled and reinstalled AutoCAD again. No luck at all.

Any suggestions on what to do?

Let me get this straight. You are running AutoCAD 2002 on a laptop with Windows 7 installed. Correct?

I'm 100% positive that AC 2002 is 32-bit. My question: Is the version of Win7 that you are running also 32-bit or is it 64-bit? What version of Win7 are you running by the way? Is it Home Premium, Professional, Ultimate or other?

Technically, my copy of AutoCAD 2002 (legally purchased from a reseller) is not running on the Windows 7 laptop, that's the problem. It is working fine on my old XP desktop. I installed AutoCAD on the new laptop and have been working with it to make sure everything is working to my satisfaction before the laptop becomes my primary machine. Up until yesterday mishap it had been working fine.

The operating system on the new laptop is Windows 7 Home Premium, 64 bit.

I was not suggesting that you were doing anything illegally I just wanted to get my facts straight. I'm not a member of the Software Policeman's union.

I've got AC 2004 32-bit running on my desktop which is configured to use Win7 Ultimate 64-bit with no problems so to hear you had 2002 up and running, albeit briefly, does not surprise me.

Now what we have to figure out is why it suddenly stopped working for you and no longer works despite uninstalling/reinstalling.

I think what I would have first done differently would have been to try the REPAIR option before an uninstall/reinstall. I don't trust programs to uninstall 100%. Even though they may report back that they did there can always be the one program that leaves one tiny bit of itself buried within the Registry. Getting that piece out can be a nightmare.

Did you try an Internet search of the error message you received? Did you do a similar search at the AutoDesk website on the error?

I know that 2002 has problems with 64 bit OS.

How? Because I recently had the same problem with 2002 on XP64 professional.
    2002 would work initially but would not open some drawings or insert some blocks that had been done in a 32 bit OS; other drawings opened fine but some it just didn't like.
    Then all of a sudden the 2002 stopped working at all; up came the menus and toolbars then wallop- Fatal Error.
    Didn't matter if I had double clicked a drawing in windows, opened Acad from the desktop icon, or from the start menu, Fatal Error every time.

Looking it up on the Autodesk website it seems that it is a known problem but because 2002 is out of support and is 8 versions old they are not going to fix it.

PS- I have now junked the 2002 and have 2006 installed on that machine.
    Sorry to be negative but I think you may have to go the same route or continue running your 2002 on XP.
    C4H5As - The chemical code for a spammer. (Google it).
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Thank you by the way.

I tried the repair option first, unfortunately it was of no help. An internet search brought up a website that suggested the first portion of the error message refers to a windows registry error, and offered a software download to fix the problem. That software is not supported to Windows 7. I looked at the AutoDesk website, support services are not as clear as one might expect. A search of the error had no returns. I found a page on their site that offers support services on a per incident price. I'm not yet quite ready to pay the company to answer questions about their own product.

Thanks, NukeCad, bad news though.

One friend suggested looking into Draftsight, It's free, I loaded it a few weeks ago, looks very similar to AutoCAD, but have only played with it a little. Another friend suggested AutoCAD WS. I briefly looked at it's site, it looks interesting, but will need research on my end to see if it can be useful.

This is the starting link to Autodesk regarding the compatibility problem

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCA...em/m-p/1593814

Reading it again it is as I thought, it only seems to be 2002 that is affected, 2000 or even 98 seems to be ok.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by k2aarchitects View Post
    Thanks, NukeCad, bad news though.

One friend suggested looking into Draftsight, It's free, I loaded it a few weeks ago, looks very similar to AutoCAD, but have only played with it a little. Another friend suggested AutoCAD WS. I briefly looked at it's site, it looks interesting, but will need research on my end to see if it can be useful.
    There are quite a few Autocad clones out there, you pay you money and take your choice.

Cad64 has suggested these in a previous thread-

ProgeCAD is cheap and DoubleCAD XT is free. Both are basically Autocad clones, so if he knows Autocad, he should be able to pick up either one of these programs and never miss a beat.

And both programs are .dwg compatible.

ZWcad is reasonably priced for an AutoCAD knock-off. I've used it a few times and it does seem capable.

Strange that there is a problem with 2002 but not 2000 or even 98. Makes no sense.

Do you work exclusively in 2D?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast