Thread: XLINE; BUGGGED?

XLINE; BUGGGED?

this in an issue ive noticed for a long time now across a few versions of ACAD, not sure whats causing it. When i try to draw an XLINE sometimes the command will get locked into either horizontal or vertical mode, without me choosing that option. seems to based on the OSNAP pickpoint i grab maybe.

attached are pics of the process.

i run XLINE, pick endpoint and bam, its locked into horizontal mode, very annoying if im trying to make a vertical and horizontal line based off the same point.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Never seen that kind behaviour with xline unless ORTHO was turned on, which would then of course be constrained to H or V.

Check that nobody has messed about and defined 'XL' in your CUI to to a macro that looks like XLINE but has a hidden 'h' in there to mess you up, (some people think this kind of thing is funny).

If not then yes it looks like a bug.
    C4H5As - The chemical code for a spammer. (Google it).
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Hi randomnewb,

no, it is not a bug, it is a (very old) feature:
    If you have the osnap PERPENDICULAR and a polyline, you would get this effect.
    Turn off the osnap Perp or _explode the polyline, the "bug" should be gone...

Lothar
    WIN XP, ADT 2004

Well spotted Lothar, I never knew that. (When I try it it gives only VERTICAL xlines, and it doesnt matter if its a poly or not).

Random; if you are wanting a horizontal and vertical xline on the same point then try this macro on a button, h & v xlines with one click -

^C^C_xline h;\^C_xline v @ ^M^C

if you want to have your xlines on a seperate layer / colour it should be like this-

^C^C_-layer m construct c 30^M^M;_xline h;\^C_xline v @ ^M^C
    C4H5As - The chemical code for a spammer. (Google it).
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

http://forums.autodesk.com/t5/AutoCA...D/td-p/2732313 - hehe silly autodesk didnt even know the anwser

nuke, sweet thanks, just saw that reply, sounds like a great macro to make. ill probably use lisp so i can use command line input to run the command