Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Text "thickens" when moved

Text "thickens" when moved

Using LT 2006 - sometimes when you move text around it seems to visually change the appearance of the text to a thicker line. When you edit the text it is still normal, regen makes no difference and when you print out a drawing the text prints in a thicker line than other text. This is extremely annoying as it makes your drawing look untidy.

Is there an easy answer to this? do others have this problem? any help would be appreciated

It almost sounds as though the moved text is now on a layer that is assigned to plot with a thicker pen.

Possibly, but when you interegate the text, it is still on our text layer and is not bold or changed pen type and appears thicker on the screen as well as on a print. Thats the frustration, everything points to it still being as it should, but its appearance says different!!

Is the LWT button at the bottom of your screen enabled? That might account for the thickened appearance of the text on your screen.

No, it only happens at random, example below (hopefully) showing how the piece of text in the middle is thicker than the others

I seem to be unable to view your example for some reason. Sorry.

Is this MText we're talking about?

What font are you using and what height and other parameters for it have you set? I'd like to try and replicate your problem.

this happens to me as well. if i make a new mtext its normal, if i copy an existing note to a new view though the text is thicker. as far as plotting, if mine is plotting thicker the difference is so little that i dont see it.

kyle, ill upload a dwg in a minute so you can see if the difference shows up on your screen too.

i wonder if this is a video card/driver thing?

One possibility, if it's a True type font, and Z value is other than 0 (even 0.000000001), it can become "fuzzy" which may be "thicker". Set Z value to 0 and see if that helps.
    When moving, a z-value can change depending on what you snap to.

F A N T A S T I C - totally sorted it!!!

Nice catch there CarlB.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast