Thread: r-14 hatch patterns

r-14 hatch patterns

i am looking for a nice hatch pattern to represent cultured stone veneer. can anyone help? if i had to choose, i would have one that will hatch an isometric drawing while enabling the mortar joints to come out angeled with the pitch of the wall

thanks

Search on google for cultered stone manufacturers' hatch patterns. They are free (usually) but don't know if they're directly downloadable.

Assuming you're talking about 3D objects when you mention isometric drawings, simply align your UCS with the plane of the object to be hatched. You can't easily hatch the face of 3d solids but hatching 3D faces or regions is relatively simple.

Hope this helps...

8)

architech Guest
    Have you tried downloading the patterns from here ... :?:

http://www.cadeverything.com/phpBB/ftopic370.php

Take a look at ....

AGGREGAT
    cutstone
    gravel
    MOSAIC
    STONES
    STONE-1
    GRAVEL

HTH
    RICH :mrgreen:

I had found several good hatch patterns for R14 at the :arrow: Cad Block Exchange Network. <-- clicky for linky

I found hatch patterns from Coronado and Cultured Stone. They are free and downloadable as .pat files. But I personally am having trouble opening them in cad. If you find anything let me know. Hope the companies help

Shelley: Make a copy of your R14 original .PAT file first (1st Rule of CADD: Never Change an Original.)

.PAT and .LIN (linetype) files are plain text files.

You can append the patterns you downloaded to your .PAT file using Wordpad by simply copying them to the end of the .PAT file.

In R14, you probably will NOT get an image to appear in the hatch dialogue box unless the .SLD images are furnished along with the hatch definitions.

Make certain that you press enter with the cursor at the end of the last hatch definition you copy into your .PAT file or you may get an error message.

If everything goes to crap, blow away the modified .PAT and copy the original .PAT file back into the subfolder it came from (remember where it came from?).