Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: draw line by direction

Unhappy draw line by direction

I'm trying to draw a lot and can't seen to figure out how to draw a line by direction (N 00.00.00 W). I know its an option in the pull down menus, but I may not have the right pull downs needed. I've had this problem a couple years ago and my boss changed something and more pull downs were available. I can't remember what he did and now my brain is starting to hurt. Thanks for your time.

You should be able to draw with this format no matter your units settings, but if you want tot "list" a line & see bearing in N-E-S-W, change Units/Angles to "surveyor"

format when selected for second point of line is:
    "distance<bearing", for example
    34.82<n24d39'55"

Quote Originally Posted by CarLB View Post
    You should be able to draw with this format no matter your units settings, but if you want tot "list" a line & see bearing in N-E-S-W, change Units/Angles to "surveyor"

format when selected for second point of line is:
    "distance<bearing", for example
    34.82<n24d39'55"
    Thanks but that's not what I need. I know there's a way from the pull down menus. Its something like draw, then line, then line by direction. Let me ask you this.......how do I set a point by angle and distance using the menus not text?

Just polar is the only way I know, but you have to know the angles

Hi,
    As much as I can tell the examples given so far have omitted the @ symbol. In order to draw a line a certain distance and bearing use the following: @200<N45D26'33"W will draw the line a distance of 200 feet at the bearing indictated

I don't think you can "set a point by angle and distance" using the menus alone. I think I some point you have to enter some text at the command line.

Kyle, I have to ask: is that your real name or are you big Terminator fan? I mean no offense, I'm just curious.

The thought of hunting down machines and killing them just fills me with glee. You should see what I did to my toaster, microwave and lawn mower. Not a very pretty sight.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Reese View Post
    The thought of hunting down machines and killing them just fills me with glee. You should see what I did to my toaster, microwave and lawn mower. Not a very pretty sight.
    HaHa, Awesome.
    And yet, you're telling me this from a terminal.

Sometimes machines need love too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast