Thread: "Copy With Base Point" not working

Question "Copy With Base Point" not working

I have a couple of .dwg files that someone made from SolidWorks details. I can't copy with a base point and paste again on the same drawing or any other drawing. I really need to paste some items to another drawing so I don't have to repeat all of the work again. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Jimmy

Did you try pasting in a NEW drawing?

Is the UCS set the same.
    If you're copying & pasting in Solidworks, you may need to do it in ACAD.

I hate when that happens......

Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by tinsmith View Post
    Did you try pasting in a NEW drawing?

Is the UCS set the same.
    If you're copying & pasting in Solidworks, you may need to do it in ACAD.

I hate when that happens......

Good luck
    I tried to paste to a new drawing and it doesn't work. Everything appears to be okay as far as selecting the entities to be copied and picking the base point. When I paste, in the same drawing or any other drawing nothing happens. I don't get the box cursor to place the pasted item. I have also checked to see if the pasted item in the new drawing is in the properties manager but not visible on the new drawing and it isn't there.

Hi,

can you post us the message of the command line?
    Do you get a proxywarning? PROXYNOTICE variable on!

Are the Service Packs installed?

Can you attach a *.dwg with some objects?

Lothar
    WIN XP, ADT 2004

Could be the old copy/paste problem that used to come with 2007.
    There are lots of older threads about this.

As the drawings were originally created in Solidworks the the Autodesk HOTFIX is not an option for you but I would you suggest that you download a copu of DwgTrueview and use the convert option which is a tried and trusted way to sort out the problem.

This thread gives a link to the download site http://www.cadeverything.com/help/sh...view#post20182
    Last edited by NukeCad; 22-10-2009 at 03:31 PM.
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

copy with base point not working

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Tyler View Post
    I have a couple of .dwg files that someone made from SolidWorks details. I can't copy with a base point and paste again on the same drawing or any other drawing. I really need to paste some items to another drawing so I don't have to repeat all of the work again. Any help or suggestions appreciated.

Jimmy
    I have tried many times to copy with base point some of my drawings, unfortunately it does not work when I tried to paste it with base point or even to paste only..Is there any other way to solve this issue?

Try using CTRL+V.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Hi reggie,

A bit more information might help us to help you,

When you say it does not work do you mean it will not paste anything at all, or that it doesn't paste where you want it to?

What version of Autocad are you using?
    Where did the drawings originate from, drawn yourself or from elsewhere?
    Were they originally drawn in Autocad or are they converted from another cad programme?
    How are you copying (COPY command, COPYBASE command, right click shortcut, other)?
    How are you pasting?
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.