Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: removing of plot stamp from a drawing

Angry removing of plot stamp from a drawing

i've latest licensed version of autocad 2009.some times I want to download objects from internet and at that time my drawing plotted with plot stamp
    of "produced by autocadd educational plot stamp".i don't want to print this stamp.How can i remove it.

removing plot stamp from drawing

hi rajeev,
    Follow these steps:

1.Open the affected drawing
    2.Type "dxfout" in the command prompt
    3.Save the dxf in the location you can easily access
    4.Now, type "dxfin" in the command prompt
    5.Browse the file you save in step 3
    6.Save the file as dwg
    The Produced by an Autodesk Educational Product should be removed upon completion of the steps above. If the educational product plot stamp still appears, check the xref file and apply the steps I’ve mentioned above.

this information i too got from another forum if u want to check the answers related to this anymore goto autocad help in the help select search and type the question u will get.....
    i hope this information helps u

You should be aware that the educational stamp is there for a reason:-

It is added to drawings produced with a cut price version of autocad intended for students who are learing cad.

If you distribute drawings produced with this version for anything other than educational purposes, or use them for comercial purposes you are leaving yourself open to a lawsuit from Autodesk.
    Last edited by NukeCad; 03-12-2010 at 03:04 PM.
    C4H5As - The chemical code for a spammer. (Google it).
    Im intelligent enough to know that I dont know everything; but I'll tell you all about it anyway.

Hi
    Although there is a reason for the watermark to be there, there is no reason not to be able to use DWG trueview to downgrade the version of the drawing to earlier versions of dwg, such as from 2011 to 2004 format, so it can be shared among students that have different versions of the software.

Also if you want to use the drawings for a presentation in a classroom, or for a course project and you find these thick letters ugly, you may print it to image or PDF and then scale the letters and put them in a more suitable place according to your taste (providing it is still visible) using an image editor.

I think you could also note the fact that you used educational version of the software on your references would be fine also.

You're right in as far as using content created with an educational version of the program for "educational" purposes. The point NukeCad was making addresses those people who see nothing wrong with using a drawing done with an educational version to make some money off it (commercial gain). That includes people who get the software free by posing as a student or getting a student to download it for them so they don't have to pay for it then use it in place of a commercial version. You would agree that it is wrong to do it wouldn't you?

I'm a student who does some autoCAD work on the side and cannot afford to purchase the full autodesk. Most employers do not like have produced by autocad educational product on their drawings. Until I graduate and can afford the full version I see nothing wrong with removing the stamp.

I don't think AutoDesk would see it quite the same way. But hey, it's your neck on the block should they be tipped off by someone. Sleep with one eye open.
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

This is for you Bob. While it does not name you specifically it very well could.

http://www.dwfmaker.com/bartzcc.pdf
    I'm Reese. Sergeant Tech-Com, DN38416. Assigned to protect you. You've been targeted for termination.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob MacKenzie View Post
    I'm a student who does some autoCAD work on the side and cannot afford to purchase the full autodesk. Most employers do not like have produced by autocad educational product on their drawings. Until I graduate and can afford the full version I see nothing wrong with removing the stamp.
    That's like saying:

"I'm a delivery driver but I can't afford to purchase a car so I see nothing wrong with stealing one in order to make my deliveries until I can afford to buy one."

Check out the link that Kyle provided. It might open your eyes.
    One of these days I gotta get myself organizized

My Online Portfolio ( Updated 08/06/2012 ): www.rdeweese.com

Ok I was a student and on top of that i have had two full jobs involving autocad and inventor. Now on the side I like to do side work and on top of that I am not always at work to use the full version. So I use both and on top of that there is more than one way to take the stamp of and change the digital signatures that indicates it originated with an educational version. But for the longest time hacked and illegal trade of keys for small time up and coming companies have been over looked but autodesk due to the fact of if they are successful that they will have the money to pay for a suite of their choosing costing from 5k to 25k. Now if your a company who makes that much every month or even every six months then yes time to change and pay out. Play fair and help the little people.
    Oh plus if i wanted to use any of the full versions of autodesk suite all i have to do is go by my collage ITT tech cause i can use their resources for my own use cause they have and pay for full version not educational versions!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast